• If you like dogs, and if you like hot dudes, have I got the Instagram account for you… 🙂
• United Airlines’ bad press is catching up with the company’s reputation: a new survey by Morning Consult shows 44% of those polled would pay more and take a longer flight to avoid flying “the friendly skies.”
• Lady Gaga will star in a countrified remake of A Star Is Born along side Bradley Cooper, who will also direct the flick. The film is slated for release on September 28, 2018.
• The Navy, citing regulations which govern outside employment by personnel as well as prohibitions on behavior that is discrediting to the service, is considering taking action against a decorated Navy SEAL for appearing in over 30 adult films. The 23 year veteran could lose his rank and pension depending on the Navy’s ruling.
• The Vice Foreign Minister for North Korea says the country will continue missile tests on a “weekly, monthly and yearly basis” no matter what the United States does.
• Televangelist and con-artist Jim Bakker says conservative groups never marched against President Obama. I’m guessing he never heard of the Tea Party folks? Watch Bakker’s claim below, as well as just one of hundreds of videos I can post that show the protests against Obama during his time in office.
According to a new Gallop poll, America is growing even more weary of the Tea Party.
The latest poll shows support for the far-right conservative movement has dropped to the lowest levels ever.
From a November 2010 high of 32% approval, today only 17% consider themselves Tea Party supporters. The biggest drop in support came among Independents who lean Republican.
Here’s hoping the whole crazy population of Teabagistan goes the way of the dinosaur so that Washington DC can finally get back to doing the people’s work soon. They may have started with honorable intentions, but the whole crazy movement has hurt the country.
A recent Public Policy Poll shows that 40% of Republicans believe GOP White House hopeful Sen. Ted Cruz was born in the United States, and only 29% believe that Obama was.
For the record:
President Obama was born in Hawaii.
Sen. Ted Cruz was born in Calgary, Alberta. That would be Canada.
This tells us a LOT about the low-information Tea Party conservatives.
Some news stories you may have missed:
• Celebrating the upcoming 4th season of Where The Bears Are, here’s some bears to celebrate!
• There’s a new book by Dr. Seuss – What Pet Should I Get? – for the first time in 25 years.
• This is the gayest workout I’ve ever seen – and I’ve seen some seriously gay things in my life.
• Donald Trump secures the highly coveted endorsement of Dennis Rodman.
• Big surprise! The Louisiana shooter was a fan of Hitler, the Tea Party and hated black people.
• John Cena’s performance in box office hit Trainwreck is a revelation.
Faux Tea Party reporter Susie Sampson hits the streets to take the public temperature on same-sex marriage.
The “City of God” t-shirt guy is pretty interesting…
As the new Congress is just now convening, Tea Party House members are posing a threat to John Boehner’s position as Speaker of the House.
The Daily Caller lists these Repubs as planning to vote against Boehner:
– Walter Jones (North Carolina)
– Jim Bridenstine (Oklahoma)
– Thomas Massie (Kentucky)
– Ted Yoho (Florida)
– Louie Gohmert (Texas)
– Paul Gosar (Arizona)
– Steve King (Iowa)
– Dave Brat (Virginia)
– Marlin Stutzman (Indiana)
– Gary Palmer (Alabama)
– Justin Amash (Michigan)
– Randy Weber (Texas)
– Curt Clawson (Florida)
– Tim Huelskamp (Kansas)
– Jeff Duncan (South Carolina)
Should the opposition get 29 votes, the House then moves to a second round of voting.
While I doubt Boehner’s Speakership is in jeopardy, it would be embarrassing for him to be pushed to a second ballot.
The vote begins about 12:30pm ET.
You can watch on C-SPAN here.
UPDATE: Boehner was re-elected to the Speakership with 216 votes. Twenty-five Republicans voted against him. We’ll see how that shakes out later. Nancy Pelosi received 164 votes from Democrats.
In the end, 25 Republicans voted against Boehner – the most against a sitting Speaker since 1923.
If you’re going to act like an idiot, at least check your spelling…