Washington Post: How Fox News Flip-Flopped On Coronavirus Threat

The Washington Post illustrates how Fox News hosts initially denounced any kind of serious measures to be taken against the coronavirus as they stood lockstep with Donald Trump’s tamping down of the threat.

For weeks, some of Fox News’s most popular hosts downplayed the threat of the coronavirus, characterizing it as a conspiracy by media organizations and Democrats to undermine President Trump.

Fox News personalities such as Sean Hannity and Laura In­graham accused the news media of whipping up “mass hysteria” and being “panic pushers.” Fox Business host Trish Regan called the alleged media-Democratic alliance “yet another attempt to impeach the president.”

But that was then.

With Trump’s declaration on Friday that the virus constitutes a national emergency, the tone on Fox News has quickly shifted.

In the video, each of the political personalities quickly flip-flops when the reality of the situation became apparent, even to Trump. You can read more details about each hypocritical u-turn by the Fox News folks here.

Update: 18 Sponsors Have Dropped Laura Ingraham’s Fox News Show

High school student David Hogg (L) and Laura Ingraham (R)

Just a little update to share that 18 sponsors now say they will no longer advertise on Laura Ingraham’s Fox News show.

Advertisers have been fleeing in droves since Ingraham mocked David Hogg, one of the survivors of the Parkland school shooting, for getting rejection letters from colleges.

Unsurprisingly, Ingraham says she’s taking a “vacation” next week.

You’ll recall when Bill O’Reilly got into hot water last year over payments to women for sexual harassment/inappropriate behavior charges, he went on vacay.

UPDATE: Fox News’ Laura Ingraham Apologizes To Parkland Student After Losing Advertisers

Well, that didn’t take long.

Just hours after three advertisers (pet food company Nutrish, Trip Advisor and WayFair) announced they were dropping their ads on Fox News host Laura Ingraham’s evening show for trolling high school senior and Parkland gun massacre survivor David Hogg over his college admission status, the TV host has issued an apology.

Ingraham wrote on Twitter:

Any student should be proud of a 4.2 GPA —incl. @DavidHogg111. On reflection, in the spirit of Holy Week, I apologize for any upset or hurt my tweet caused him or any of the brave victims of Parkland. For the record, I believe my show was the first to feature David… immediately after that horrific shooting and even noted how “poised” he was given the tragedy. As always, he’s welcome to return to the show anytime for a productive discussion.

I do wonder – would she be apologizing if this weren’t Holy Week?

You can only imagine network execs had a big say in the apology that was so quickly forthcoming.

You’ll recall more than 50 advertisers dropped their ads on “The O’Reilly Factor” after reports surfaced that settlements had been made to women who accused the show’s host, Bill O’Reilly, of sexual harassment or impropriety that ultimately led to his firing from Fox News.

“She only apologized after we went after her advertisers,” Hogg told The New York Times. “It kind of speaks for itself.”

“I’m not going to stoop to her level and go after her on a personal level,” he said. “I’m going to go after her advertisers.”

At this writing, Nutrish, Expedia, Wayfair, TripAdvisor, and Nestle have all dropped their advertising on Ingraham’s show.

This is how the free market works, see? She gets to act out as she wants, but we also get to react as we want to her snotty behavior.

Hogg and others responded to Ingraham’s tweets:

Laura Ingraham Losing Advertisers Over Trolling Parkland High School Student

Yesterday I reported that Fox News host Laura Ingraham had the very bad taste to troll high school senior and survivor of the Parkland gun massacre, David Hogg.

Ingraham thought it would be cute to pants Hogg after he shared on social media that he’d received his 4th college rejection letter despite a 4.1 GPA and, of course, helping to organize one of the largest rallies in the history of the United States. #Leadership

Hogg followed up on Ingraham’s tripe with a call to action from Ingraham’s Fox News advertisers:

Well, this morning we get the news that Rachel Ray’s pet food brand Nutrish is cancelling their ads on Ingraham’s show.

And Trip Advisor has announced they are following suit. From CNBC:

In a statement on Thursday, a company spokesperson said that TripAdvisor does not “condone the inappropriate comments made by this broadcaster.”

“In our view, these statements focused on a high school student, cross the line of decency. As such, we have made a decision to stop advertising on that program,” the spokesperson said.

There you go, Ingraham. That’ll learn ya.

Fox News Host Mocks Parkland Shooting Survivor For College Rejections


Fox News host Laura Ingraham took to Twitter today to mock 17-year-old high school student David Hogg who survived the Parkland gun massacre on February 14.

Hogg, a leading voice since the shooting and helped organize one of the biggest rallies in the history of the country, recently shared on his social media that he’d been turned down by four colleges.

Ingraham thought it would be wise to attack the kid.

How gross a human being do you have to be to attack a high school student because you don’t like his “politics?”

Personally, if I was a college/university looking at a student with a 4.1 GPA and all the leadership he’s shown the past several weeks since seeing his fellow students gunned down, I’d snap that student up.

But, just so you know, Hogg has the fire to stand up to bullies. Note this from the past weekend: