Three years after the deadly J6 invasion of the U.S. Capitol building, the Department of Justice has issued an update on the status of arrests and convictions of those who took part in the insurrection. More than 1,265 defendants have been charged in nearly all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Continue reading “Justice Dept: 1,265 Charged (So Far) For Jan. 6 Attack”
Capitol Rioters Are Erasing Social Media Posts As Fast As They Can

They flaunted their participation in the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol on social media and then, apparently realizing they were in legal trouble, rushed to delete evidence of it, authorities say. Now their attempts to cover up their role in the deadly siege are likely to come back to haunt them in court.
An Associated Press review of court records has found that at least 49 defendants are accused of trying to erase incriminating photos, videos and texts from phones or social media accounts documenting their conduct as a pro-Donald Trump mob stormed Congress and briefly interrupted the certification of Democrat Joe Biden’s election victory.
Experts say the efforts to scrub the social media accounts reveal a desperate willingness to manipulate evidence once these people realized they were in hot water. And, they say, it can serve as powerful proof of people’s consciousness of guilt and can make it harder to negotiate plea deals and seek leniency at sentencing.
Funny how that works… Did they really think they’d get their anti-American jollies done and not have anything happen to them??? More than a dozen Capitol rioters have already pleaded guilty, out of more than 510 defendants. And prosecutors are filing new cases at a steady clip.
Many Of The ‘Stop The Steal’ Insurrectionists Didn’t Even Vote

Federal authorities later identified Crowl, 50, as a member of a self-styled militia organization in his home state of Ohio and affiliated with the extremist group the Oath Keepers. His mother told CNN that he previously told her “they were going to overtake the government if they…tried to take Trump’s presidency from him.”
Despite these apparent pro-Trump views, a county election official in Ohio told CNN that he registered in 2013 but “never voted nor responded to any of our confirmation notices to keep him registered,” so he was removed from the voter rolls at the end of 2020 and the state said he was not registered in Ohio.
Crowl was indicted by a federal grand jury on charges of destruction of government property and conspiracy for allegedly coordinating with others to plan their attack.
There’s much more at the click. CNN notes that some of the voting records of those who have been charged in the Capitol riots were not available to the public. So there may be even more hypocritical ‘patriots’ out there who couldn’t bother to cast a ballot.
They stormed the Capitol to overturn the results of an election they didn’t vote in:
Some of the rioters who stormed the US Capitol did not vote in the very election they were protesting.https://t.co/aiAIKuVSRD — Julia Davis (@JuliaDavisNews) February 1, 2021
OK. Why would you protest if you didn’t care enough to vote?
— Kurt Hansen (@thatguykurt) February 1, 2021
They didn’t vote and expected their candidate to win? pic.twitter.com/VJEJGZFv3i
— Citizen_Campbell (@campbell_elroy) February 1, 2021

Chris Christie: Trump Committed Impeachable Offenses

Chris Christie tells @GStephanopoulos Trump’s incitement of Capitol siege is an impeachable offense: “If inciting to insurrection isn’t, then I don’t really know what is.” https://t.co/FnD9YSf2TE pic.twitter.com/rONPP8C0x3
— This Week (@ThisWeekABC) January 10, 2021
News Round-Up: January 9, 2021

• Wall Street Journal: White House officials pushed Atlanta’s top federal prosecutor to resign before Georgia’s U.S. Senate runoffs because Donald Trump was upset he wasn’t doing enough to investigate the president’s unproven claims of election fraud. A senior Justice Department official, at the behest of the White House, called Trump-appointed U.S. Attorney Byung J. Pak and told him he needed to step down because he wasn’t pursuing vote-fraud allegations to Mr. Trump’s satisfaction. • Business Insider: Top aides have said Trump has been spiraling out of control for weeks, but now he’s directed much of his ire toward his heretofore loyal vice president. A source told The Wall Street Journal that the president was furious, telling Pence: “I don’t want to be your friend — I want you to be the vice president.” • Billboard: Taylor Swift’s Folklore finishes 2020 as the top-selling album of the year in the U.S., and the only album to sell at least a million copies during the year, according to MRC Data. Plus, the superstar has now claimed the top-selling album of the year five times — becoming the first act to earn the honor.
For the (historic) fifth time, @TaylorSwift13 has the top-selling album of the year in the U.S. https://t.co/2cG7eqep0J
— billboard (@billboard) January 8, 2021
QAnon Horned Shaman Arrested For Capitol Invasion

NEW: Jake Angeli has been arrested and charged. pic.twitter.com/YHjniLyrUQ
— Brian Tyler Cohen (@briantylercohen) January 9, 2021
“Q Shaman” Jacob Anthony Chansley, a.k.a. Jake Angeli told the FBI he went to Washington D.C. “at the request of the President that all ‘patriots’ come to D.C.” pic.twitter.com/hNJaPas36A
— David Begnaud (@DavidBegnaud) January 9, 2021
LATEST: The U.S. Attorney’s office also arrested Jacob Anthony Chansley, a.k.a. “Jake Angeli,” Saturday. Investigators said he was the man seen in viral photos of the siege dressed in horns, a bearskin headdress, with red, white and blue face paint. https://t.co/uijF0dmLOF pic.twitter.com/e9pW8Q7Tru
— ABC News (@ABC) January 9, 2021
The chatter over Jake “Q Shaman” Angeli’s identity is missing a key element: his tattoos. He’s covered in Odinist symbols—Yggdrasil, Mjolnir, and, significantly, the valknut. These Norse symbols aren’t inherently fascist, but when they show up ON a fascist, it’s for a reason. pic.twitter.com/4km9924T79
— Kim Kelly (@GrimKim) January 7, 2021
But What About ‘The Invasion???”
![]() |
| Donald Trump |
Remember when Donald Trump was furiously telling everyone he could about the ‘dangerous’ caravan of migrants heading towards the United States from Central America?
Remember it was a terrible ‘invasion’ about to happen?
Well, now that the midterm elections are over, and the Trumpster has pushed all those xenophobic buttons he could for his followers, we’re not hearing so much any more, are we?
CNN’s Jake Tapper tweeted today that he’s spoken to senior administration officials who admit the entire episode was ‘a paper tiger’ and ‘a total joke.’
NBC News also reports that military officials acknowledge the stunt was a racist, ‘political ploy.’
Sr admin official tells me re troops sent to border: “It’s a paper tiger. A total joke. Of limited operational utility and a waste of our troops’ time. Mattis knows it. Nielsen knows it. Kelly knows it. But that battle was lost with the President. He was hellbent on troops.”— Jake Tapper (@jaketapper) November 16, 2018
The rush to deploy soldiers to the border, 1,500 of whom are in Arizona, has been criticized even by anonymous military officials, who have described it as a political ploy that drew on voters’ fears of illegal immigration. https://t.co/E3TketliSH— NBC News (@NBCNews) November 17, 2018
Not a single tweet about the caravan after the midterms from @realDonaldTrump.Suddenly, the “invasion” isn’t an urgent crisis anymore. But troops are still deployed, missing the holidays with their families.
Nothing but an expensive, racist ploy.https://t.co/wn4gPbo9zS
— Ahmed Baba (@AhmedBaba_) November 16, 2018