Some news items you might have missed:
• Miami Herald: Former New York mayor and 2020 presidential candidate Mike Bloomberg broke with most of the Democrats vying for the party’s nomination to unequivocally back statehood for Puerto Rico in a policy plan released Monday.
• Reuters: The U.S. Supreme Court gave the go-ahead on Monday for the Trump administration to implement a rule denying legal permanent residency to certain immigrants deemed likely to require government assistance in the future. Opponents of the policy view it as a “wealth test” that would disproportionately keep out non-white immigrants.
• CNN: Apparently, a blending tank door at Rodney Strong Vineyards popped open and spilled 97,112 gallons of red wine into the Russian River. #alcoholabuse
• Politico: Andrew Yang is the seventh candidate to qualify for the next Democratic debate joining Joe Biden, Pete Buttigieg, Amy Klobuchar, Bernie Sanders, Tom Steyer and Elizabeth Warren.
• NY Times: In a recent interview, SNL cast member Bowen Yang revealed that when his parents found out he might be gay, they sent him to conversion therapy – an experience Yang describes as ‘crazy.’
• Out Music: The latest from international pop star Ricky Martin, “Tiburones,” was filmed in Puerto Rico. No translation needed, really. Both the song and the video are about deciding to change plans or directions so all involved can move forward together. Sounds simple enough, yes?