Donald Trump attempted to drag Hillary Clinton back into the fray by suggesting she run again for president in 2020 – on the ‘condition’ that Clinton “explain all of her high crimes and misdemeanors.” But Hillary clapped back tweeting, “Don’t tempt me. Do your job.” #FTW
The Washington Postreports former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton says in an interview scheduled to air on CBS Sunday Morning this weekend that Donald Trump is an ‘illegitimate’ president who won’t be reelected in 2020.
Clinton was asked whether it angers her that none of the current Democratic candidates invoke her on the campaign trail while Trump’s rally crowds still break out into “lock her up” chants.
“No, it doesn’t kill me because he knows he’s an illegitimate president,” she said. “I believe he understands that the many varying tactics they used, from voter suppression and voter purging to hacking to the false stories — he knows that — there were just a bunch of different reasons why the election turned out like it did.”
In June, former president Jimmy Carter used similar language to diminish Trump’s presidency.
She compared Trump’s latest effort to spread negative stories about Biden, who is leading in most polls to be the 2020 Democratic nominee, to what he did to her during their campaign.
Clinton also predicted Trump would lose in 2020 because “there were many funny things that happened in my election that will not happen again.”
Additionally, Clinton shares that she supports an impeachment inquiry as there are “a number of grounds” for it but says that Trump’s phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, when Trump asked Zelensky to investigate Biden’s son, is “incredibly troubling.”
During his speech before the United Nations today, Donald Trump included a mention of his administration’s previously announced plans to encourage more than 70 countries worldwide to decriminalize homosexuality. “My administration is working with other nations to stop criminalizing of homosexuality,” Trump said in a halting cadence. “And we stand in solidarity with (pause) LGBTQ people who live in countries that punish, jail and execute people based upon sexual orientation.” Gregory T. Angelo, who served as president of the Log Cabin Republicans for six years, quickly tweeted a video of Trump’s inclusion of the initiative.
.@POTUS@realDonaldTrump at #UNGA: “My administration is working with other nations to stop criminalizing of homosexuality and we stand in solidarity with LGBTQ people who live in countries that punish, jail or execute individuals based upon sexual orientation.” pic.twitter.com/U3q8Ojvlam
Thank you @realDonaldTrump for standing up for the #LGBTQ community in calling for the decriminalization of homosexuality in your speech at the @UN this morning.
The global initiative, which is reportedly being led by U.S. Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell, was announced in February. This is the first time Trump has mentioned the initiative in a public speech. Angelo and his conservative LGBTQ bunch may be fawning over today’s two-sentence mention, but it’s worth noting that Trump is not the first president to mention LGBTQ issues while addressing the United Nations. That would be President Barack Obama. During an address of the United Nations General Assembly in September 2011, President Obama said, “No country should deny people their rights to freedom of speech and freedom of religion, but also no country should deny people their rights because of who they love, which is why we must stand up for the rights of gays and lesbians everywhere.” Later that same year, then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton gave a full 30-minute speech regarding LGBTQ rights before the U.S. Mission to the United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland. It was there that she famously told the United Nations delegates, “Gay rights are human rights, and human rights are gay rights.” While Trump may TALK about standing in ‘solidarity’ with LGBTQ people, GLAAD’s ‘Trump Accountability Project’ just noted his administration’s 125th attack on the LGBTQ community since taking office. Just a few of those attacks are: • Filing an amicus brief asking the U.S. Supreme Court to rule against workplace protections for LGBTQ Americans • Trump’s misguided ban on transgender military service members • Efforts to use ‘religious freedoms’ as a basis for legalizing LGBTQ discrimination • Announcing plans for a new policy which would allow adoption agencies to deny LGBTQ couples the ability to adopt children based on so-called “religious exemptions” So, let’s not get all cray-cray that the Donald is suddenly our full-throated advocate, ok?
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton visited an art installation by Kenneth Goldsmith at the Venice Biennale and posed for a photo with a replica of the Oval Office’s Resolute Desk and 62,000 pages of paper containing every single email sent from her private email server. After spending about an hour flipping through pages and pages of her own emails, she told reporters, “It was and is still one of the strangest most absurd events in American political history. Anyone can go in and look at them, there’s nothing there. “ “The exhibition is further proof that nothing wrong or controversial can be found on these emails,” she added. “It makes them accessible to everyone and allows everyone to read them. … They are just a bunch of boring emails.” As we all remember, Donald Trump spent much of the 2016 presidential campaign lambasting Clinton for using a private email server, which at the time, was not illegal. Since being elected to office, it’s been widely reported that Trump’s daughter Ivanka has used private email herself in violation of federal records rules. Because irony is dead.
Hillary Clinton’s statement after seeing my show, given during an interview to Italian TV, Part 1 (credit: Giuseppe Cordioli) pic.twitter.com/ykwQvrl94q
Hillary Clinton’s statement after seeing my show, given during an interview to Italian TV, Part 2 (credit: Giuseppe Cordioli) pic.twitter.com/f8tWOyWHVp
Researchers studying Twitter data from the 2016 election say Russian operatives definitely targeted supporters of Sen. Bernie Sanders in an effort to weaken Hillary Clinton’s campaign.
A study by Clemson University researchers reported by The Washington Post found that thousands of tweets from Russian-owned accounts masquerading as conservative accounts supporting President Trump began targeting Sanders’s supporters shortly after the primary concluded.
“#BlackMenForBernie Leader Switches to Trump! I will Never Vote for Hillary, Welcome aboard the Trump Train,” read one tweet sent by a Russian account pretending to be a “Southern., Conservative Pro God, Anti Racism” Twitter user from Texas.
“Conscious Bernie Sanders supporters already moving towards the best candidate Trump! #Feel the Bern #Vote Trump 2016,” read another account known as “Red Louisiana News” that was actually operated by Russians.
About 12 percent of Sanders voters said they ended up voting for Trump over Clinton in the general election, according to the Post.
Still, the number of Sanders voters who supported Trump in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania — states considered key to Trump’s victory — was higher than Trump’s margin of victory in those states.
“I think there is no question that Sanders was central to their strategy,” Darren Linvill, one of the two Clemson researchers behind the study, told the Post. “He was clearly used as a mechanism to decrease voter turnout for Hillary Clinton.”
As I recently reported, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has definitively announced she will not be running for president in 2020.
Donald Trump couldn’t wait to twiddle his little thumbs over the keyboard of his iPhone to troll Clinton, writing, “(Crooked) Hillary Clinton confirms she will not run in 2020, rules out a third bid for White House.” Aw-shucks, does that mean I won’t get to run against her again? She will be sorely missed!”
(Insert sarcasm)
“(Crooked) Hillary Clinton confirms she will not run in 2020, rules out a third bid for White House.” Aw-shucks, does that mean I won’t get to run against her again? She will be sorely missed!
Hillary Clinton put to rest lingering speculation Monday night that she might launch another White House bid but vowed to remain active in politics, telling a local television station in New York that “I’m not going anywhere.” “I’m not running, but I’m going to keep on working and speaking and standing up for what I believe,” Clinton said in an interview with News 12. “I want to be sure that people understand I’m going to keep speaking out. . . . What’s at stake in our country, the kind of things that are happening right now are deeply troubling to me.” Clinton, a Democrat who lost the 2016 presidential election to Donald Trump despite winning the popular vote, said she does not think she will run for any other elected office in the future, such as mayor of New York or governor of New York.
Hillary also mentions that she plans to have an active role in the 2020 elections, and has met in private with several of the declared Democrats running for president. There are currently 14 Democrats in the hunt for the 2020 Democratic nomination for president.
Hillary Clinton trolled Donald Trump and the Republican Party on his use of the phrase “Stronger Together” at his El Paso, Texas, rally last night.
Trump repeated the phrase during his speech, and the GOP tweeted the phrase out superimposed on an image of the Trumpster.
Hillary was clearly flattered they liked her campaign slogan, so she encouraged them to “copy my plan on health care, a fairer tax system and voting rights.”
Explosive devices were sent to former President Barack Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, as well as to CNN’s offices in New York, sparking an intense investigation on Wednesday into whether a bomber is going after targets that have often been the subject of right-wing ire.
A law enforcement official said the three devices were similar to one found Monday at the home of George Soros, the billionaire philanthropist and liberal donor who has come under fierce criticism from conservatives and conspiracy theorists.
None of the devices harmed anyone. Law enforcement officials said they were investigating whether all the devices were sent by the same person or persons.
Clinton, Obama, Soros and CNN have all been frequent targets of Donald Trump in his campaign rhetoric.
White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders issued a statement condemning “the attempted violent attacks recently made against President Obama, President Clinton, Secretary Clinton and other public figures.”
“These terrorizing acts are despicable, and anyone responsible will be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law,” said Sanders according to the Associated Press. “The United States Secret Service and other law enforcement agencies are investigating and will take all appropriate actions to protect anyone threatened by these cowards.”
According to several reports, the package mailed to CNN’s offices was addressed to former CIA director John Brennan, who has been a vocal critic of the Trump administration since becoming a CNN commentator.
Everyone at CNN NY being evacuated. Swarms of NYPD outside — I wasn’t allowed to grab a coat or any of my belongings — told to immediately go to staircase pic.twitter.com/rtcAoKS6y9— MJ Lee (@mj_lee) October 24, 2018
At a campaign rally last night, Donald Trump told his minions that it was really Hillary Clinton who ‘colluded’ with Russians to affect the 2016 presidential election.