Donald Trump Tweets And Deletes Attack On Jeb Bush’s Immigration Stance

July 4th, Donald Trump shared the above on Twitter.

And then, being so courageous and steadfast, quickly deleted it.

This was basically in response to Jeb Bush’s criticism of Trump now famous racist remarks during his “campaign launch.”

Bush has since has this to say about Trump’s icky perspective on Latino immigrants:

“He’s doing this to inflame and incite and to draw attention, which seems to be the organizing principle of his campaign,” Bush said. “To make these extraordinarily ugly kind of comments is not reflective of the Republican Party.”

Mashup Of Donald Trump’s Continuing Comments on “Rapist/Killers” From Mexico

(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = “//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3”; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’));

Mashup: Donald Trump's comments"Some are good, some are rapists, some are killers, and we don't even know what we're getting." The full mashup of Donald J. Trump's comments that have him in hot water: http://cnn.it/1f9pIyoPosted by The Situation Room on Friday, July 3, 2015

America Ferrera To Donald Trump: “We Will Silence You At The Polls”

Award-winning actress (Ugly Betty) American Ferrera pens an awesome essay in response to Donald Trump’s racist remarks about Latinos last week.

Mexico is “sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us,” Trump said. “They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Just a snippet of America’s dead-on statement to the Donald:

“You have made your thoughts on the Latino community clear and you continue to stand by them. And in return, we will do more than tweet about our indignation and beat piñatas of your likeness. We will silence you at the polls. We will vote and use our growing position in U.S. politics. Our fellow Americans who understand and value our contributions will join us. We know there is nothing that scares you more.”

Since his comments, Trump has been dumped by NBCUniversal and Univision. His pageants, Miss USA and Miss Universe, are dropped from the networks’ schedules.

And Macys is just the latest to sever business ties with him.

Great job, Donald.

Donald Trump Says NBC Attempting To Suppress His Freedom Of Speech, Files $500 Million Law Suit

In the wake of the Miss Universe and Miss USA Pageants being dropped by NBC and Univision over Donald Trump’s racist remarks about Mexican immigrants, Trump has filed a $500 million law suit against Univision.

In the suit Trump says Univision is seeking to squash his freedom of speech.

(Actually, he’s perfectly free to express himself. He just needs to realize actions and opinions have consequences.)

Trump claims Univision is attempting to suppress his freedom of speech. Here’s an excerpt from The Trump Organization’s statement via NPR:

“Under the contract, Univision is required to broadcast the pageant live on television in Spanish. While Univision claims its decision came solely in response to comments by Mr. Trump during a June 16 campaign speech announcing his candidacy for President of the United States, the decision was, in reality, a politically motivated attempt to suppress Mr. Trump’s freedom of speech under the First Amendment as he begins to campaign for the nation’s presidency.”

Last year’s host of the Miss Universe pageant, Thomas Roberts of MSNBC, has dropped out of the event, as well has co-host Cheryl Burke.

“In light of the recent statements made by Donald Trump and the subsequent decision by NBC to cut ties with Mr. Trump, I cannot in good conscience move forward with participating in this year’s Miss USA Pageant as its co-host,” Burke wrote on Facebook. “Effective today I have withdrawn from my duties with Miss USA.”

Roberts sent this Tweet on Tuesday: “Best of luck to all #MissUSA2015 contestants this year & THX to the good people behind the scenes @MissUniverse – been a joy working w/you!”

NBC has announced it will not air either pageant even as the Miss USA event is scheduled to go on July 12th.

NBCUniversal To Donald Trump: You’re Fired!

NBC has cut ties with Donald Trump citing his derogatory statements about immigrants, the company said in a Monday statement:

At NBC, respect and dignity for all people are cornerstones of our values.

Due to the recent derogatory statements by Donald Trump regarding immigrants, NBCUniversal is ending its business relationship with Mr. Trump.

To that end, the annual Miss USA and Miss Universe Pageants, which are part of a joint venture between NBC and Trump, will no longer air on NBC.

In addition, as Mr. Trump has already indicated, he will not be participating in “The Apprentice” on NBC.

“Celebrity Apprentice” is licensed from Mark Burnett‘s United Artists Media Group and that relationship will continue.

Good.

Univision Dumps Trump Over Anti-Mexican Comments

In response to Donald Trump’s anti-Mexican comments during his presidential campaign launch, Univision has cancelled the network’s airing of the Miss Universe pageant, in which Trump holds part ownership.

From CNN:

Last week, in his speech announcing a run for president, Trump deplored immigrants from Mexico who “have lots of problems” and are “bringing those problems to us.”

“They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime, they’re rapists,” he said, adding, “and some, I assume, are good people.”

Trump went on Fox News Thursday to say, “Of course I’m standing by the statement.” He adde, “I love Mexico, I love the Mexican people.”

Trump also said he intends to sue Univision for refusing to carry the Miss USA pageant.

“I’m going to have to sue Univision now… They have a signed contract,” he said. At another point Trump said, “They’ll have to pay me a lot of money.”

Trump’s original comments last week caused an outcry. Jorge Ramos, a prominent Univision host, called Trump’s remarks “absurd” and “prejudiced.”

On Thursday, Univision said its entertainment division is “ending the company’s business relationship with the Miss Universe Organization, which is part-owned by Donald J. Trump, based on his recent, insulting remarks about Mexican immigrants.”

“At Univision, we see first-hand the work ethic, love for family, strong religious values and the important role Mexican immigrants and Mexican-Americans have had and will continue to have in building the future of our country,” the company said. “We will not be airing the Miss USA pageant on July 12 or working on any other projects tied to the Trump Organization.”

Trump Bump

Like most newcomers to the presidential field, Donald Trump has seen a bump in standing among GOP primary voters.

A new Suffolk University poll of New Hampshire Republicans shows Trump trailing only former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush.

The poll of 500 likely GOP presidential primary voters gave 14% support to Mr. Bush, and Trump garnering 11%.

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and Florida Sen. Marco Rubio followed with 8% and 7%, respectively.

The poll also showed Trump has the highest unlikeable numbers in the field. Only 37% have a favorable view of him, while 49% see him as unfavorable.

The entertainment factor of seeing Trump participate in primary debates makes me giddy 🙂

Read more at the Wall Street Journal.