Cesar Sayoc Jr. Charged For Bombing Campaign Against Trump Critics

Cesar Sayoc Jr. charged on 5 counts of attempted bombing targeting critics of Donald Trump
Cesar Sayoc, Jr. (via Facebook)

Cesar Sayoc Jr., of Aventura, Florida, has been arrested and charged in the bombing campaign that has targeted prominent Democratic figures. From The New York Times:

At a news conference in Washington on Friday afternoon, Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced that Mr. Sayoc had been charged with five federal crimes, including the interstate transportation of an explosive, the illegal mailing of explosives and making a threat against a former president and others. Mr. Sayoc is a registered Republican whose arrest record in Florida dates back to 1991 and includes felony theft, drug and fraud charges, as well as allegations that he threatened to use a bomb, public records show. According to a 2012 bankruptcy petition filed in Miami, Mr. Sayoc resided at the time at his mother’s home. “Lives w/mom,” a handwritten note on the petition said. “Has no furniture.”

The Times reports that DNA samples on two of the bombs matched a DNA sample from Sayoc from a previous arrest. Additionally, a finger print was found on one of the bombs that matched Sayoc. At a press conference today, Attorney General Jeff Sessions was asked why all of the targets were political opponents of Donald Trump. Sessions said he was not sure, but added that the suspect “appears to be a partisan.” Oh, really? Check out the picture at the top of this post. Yeah, I’d call that ‘partisan.’ The charges include interstate transportation of an explosive, illegal mailing of explosives, threats against former presidents and other persons, threatening interstate commerce and assaulting federal officers.’ If convicted, the 56-year-old faces up to 58 years in prison. Sayoc has reportedly denied any role in the bombing campaign. So far, bombs have been found to have been sent to these perceived political opponents of Donald Trump: President Obama; former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.; former Secretary of State Clinton; Rep. Maxine Waters fo California; former Attorney General Eric Holder; John O. Brennan, a former C.I.A. director, the actor Robert De Niro; Sen. Kamala Harris of California; Sen. Cory Booker of New Jersey; James Clapper, former director of national intelligence; Tom Steyer, a prominent Democratic donor and George Soros, the billionaire Democratic donor. It appears driving around in his van plastered with Trump propaganda had become unfulfilling.

Because how nutty does this look???

Sayoc appears to have heard the clarion call of his leader who, with a wink and a nod, has been inciting violence for some time. Trump created the ‘alternate reality’ this guy lives in. Don’t for one second not believe that.

 

Austin Terrorist Bombing Suspect Kills Himself As Police Close In

Mark Anthony Conditt

From The New York Times:

A suspect in the series of bombings that have terrorized the city of Austin, Tex., died early Wednesday, blowing himself up in his vehicle as officers closed in on him, the authorities said.

A law enforcement official identified the suspect as Mark Anthony Conditt, a 23-year-old white man.

Officials did not rule out the possibility that the man had accomplices.

“We do not understand what motivated him to do what he did,” said the Austin police chief, Brian Manley.

The first explosions hit African-American residents whose families are well-known in the city’s black community, though two white men were injured by an explosive triggered by a tripwire on Sunday. Chief Manley did not address any potential motive, including race.

Law enforcement officials cautioned that the bomber could have planted other explosives that have not yet detonated. “We still need to remain vigilant,” Chief Manley said. “We do not know where he has been in the past 24 hours.”

According to The Austin Statesman, Conditt had penned a series of blog posts for an Austin Community College course on U.S. government.

In the essays, Conditt argued against gay marriage (“it’s unnatural”) and abortion (women shouldn’t have sex if they don’t want to get pregnant) and in favor of the death penalty.

Trump Demands Death Penalty For Manhattan Truck Driving Terrorist

Donald Trump

Donald Trump took to Twitter this morning to demand that Sayfullo Saipov, the Lower Manhattan truck driver who killed 8 in a terrorist attack on Tuesday, should get the death penalty.

The Trumpster wrote, in part, “NYC terrorist was happy as he asked to hang ISIS flag in his hospital room. He killed 8 people, badly injured 12. SHOULD GET DEATH PENALTY!”

It’s extremely unusual for a president to make such a direct call to action about the death penalty.

There’s a good reason why elected officials shouldn’t comment on ongoing prosecutions. Speaking out publicly too soon can hand a defense lawyer the chance to bring up how an accused terrorist can’t get a fair trial in addition to other complications.

Lower Manhattan Truck Terrorist Sayfullo Saipov Speaks To Investigators

Investigators speaking to the Lower Manhattan truck attack suspect Sayfullo Saipov have learned several key pieces of evidence.

From CNN:

• Saipov told investigators he was inspired to carry out the truck attack by ISIS videos he watched on his cell phone.

• In particular, he told investigators he was inspired by a video of ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi asking what Muslims in the US were doing to respond to the killing of Muslims in Iraq.

• He rented a truck on Oct. 22, 2017, to “practice making turns.”

• He purposely chose Halloween as the date for the attack “because he believed there would be more civilians on the street for the holiday.”

• He planned to display ISIS flags on the truck but decided against it so as not to draw attention to himself.

• He asked investigators if he could display ISIS’s flag in his hospital room, telling them he felt good about what he had done.

Saipov remains in the hospital recovering from gunshot wounds sustained after he drove his rental truck into pedestrians killing 8 people.

Saipov has been charged on federal terrorism charges including providing material support to ISIS and violence and destruction of motor vehicles in connection with Tuesday’s attack in Manhattan.

Craig Jungwirth Indicted For Threatening Orlando-Style Attack On South Florida Gay Bar

Craig Jungwirth

After making multiple threats towards the gay community of Wilton Manors on social media, 50 year old Craig Jungwirth has been charged with the interstate transmission of a threatening communication.

From the local ABC News affiliate:

According to federal prosecutors, Jungwirth, who used to live in Wilton Manors, threatened to orchestrate a similar massacre to the one at Pulse nightclub in Orlando, where a gunman killed 49 people in June.

“My events are selling out ’cause you (expletive) are total patsies. None of you deserve to live. If you losers thought the Pulse nightclub shooting was bad, wait till you see what I’m planning for Labor Day,” Jungwirth posted last month on Facebook, according to an indictment. “You can never catch a genius from MIT and since you (expletive) aren’t dying from AIDS anymore, I have a better solution to exterminate you losers … I’m gonna be killing you (expletive) … It’s time to clean up Wilton Manors from all you AIDS infested losers.”

Nick Berry, who owns Rumors Bar and Grill, told Local 10 News that Jungwirth is the same man who was caught on surveillance video in May vandalizing his bar.

Berry said Jungwirth has become deranged and angry with many in the community.

“Even though he’s gay, and he’s attacking gays, this is clearly a hate crime,” Berry said. “It’s clearly, I think, a domestic terrorist threat.”

Jungwirth faces up to five years in prison, three years of supervised release and a $250,000 fine if he is convicted.

Las Vegas Man Charged For Terrorist Threats To Kill “Gays, Faggots, Lesbians and Satanists”

Yesterday, in my town of Las Vegas, a 24 year old nut job named Bryce Cuellar was indicted for making terrorists threats including saying he wanted to kill “gays, faggots, lesbians and satanists.”

The radical, self-proclaimed “Christian warrior” posted a video to his YouTube channel (160,000 subscribers!) on July 2nd that outlined his plans.

From KTNV in Las Vegas:

Although Google had removed the video, they were able to provide a link for a detective to watch the video.

In the video, a man named Bryce Cuellar reportedly showed off two rifles and was wearing a military flak vest and night vision goggles. Cuellar reportedly said in the video that he is tired of the government trying to take away his First and Second Amendment rights and says that he cannot wait to use his rifle in the manner in which the founding fathers intended.

He also said that he wanted to kill “gays, faggots, lesbians and satanists” and claimed to be a Christian warrior. Cuellar also said that he is tired of America and would begin killing soon. Police also checked his Facebook page and found posts about the Orlando shooting and posts that outlines his anti-government, sovereign citizen and militia ideologies.

To give you an idea of Cuellar’s sensibility, this from his Facebook page:

The U.S. Government is now officially the enemy, and must be destroyed. They are murdering men,women, and children by dumping biological chemicals in our air which contains organisms that DON’T originate on earth…..that’s right, you read correctly, unearthly biological matter is killing us off!! The U.S. Government is now public enemy #1. America’s most wanted.

Oregon: “Bundy Militia” Indicted By Federal Grand Jury

Members of the “Bundy Militia,” domestic terrorists who took over a federal wildlife sanctuary last month, have been indicted by a federal grand jury for preventing federal employees from doing their jobs.

From NBC News:

The armed occupation, which began over a month ago at the Malheur National Wildlife Center, lost its momentum last week after its leaders, brothers Ammon and Ryan Bundy, were arrested during a traffic stop. Another occupier, Robert LaVoy Finicum, was fatally shot by authorities in the same incident.

A total of 11 people, including the Bundy brothers, were arrested, although two members of the group — including the only female — were later released from jail, The Associated Press reported.

Federal prosecutor Geoff Barrow told the AP on Wednesday that the indictment involves the people arrested so far “and others,” perhaps a reference to the four people who have stayed put at the federal refuge — despite Ammon Bundy’s calls for them to leave.

The indictment, which was unsealed Thursday and obtained by NBC News, alleges that the defendants conspired together since last October to prevent refuge employees from doing their work at the wildlife sanctuary “by force, intimidation, and threats.”

The maximum penalty is six years in prison.

The Bundy brothers — sons of infamous Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy — remain jailed. The occupiers took over the refuge as part of a larger demand that the federal government turn public lands over to local control.

A small group of the militants continue to occupy the wildlife refuge.

Facebook Post Of The Day: Michelangelo Signorile

(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = “//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3”; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’));

Why is this still being a called a “protest”?
Posted by Michelangelo Signorile on Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Oregon: Eight Domestic Terrorists In “Bundy Militia” Arrested, One Killed

After three weeks of occupation of a federal wildlife refuge in Oregon, FBI and Oregon State police have arrested 8 members of the domestic terrorist group known as the “Bundy militia.”

During the arrest, one of the right-wing extremists was shot and killed

From USA Today:

Arizona resident Robert “LaVoy” Finicum, 56, of Cane Beds, Ariz., was shot and killed during the encounter. The FBI did not release his name, but his death was reported by The Oregonian and NBC News.

NBC News correspondent Pete Williams, quoting unidentified sources, says Finicum was shot after stepping from a vehicle and brandishing a weapon.

The standoff, however, is not over, as five or six protesters remain at the compound..

One of them, Jason Patrick, said he has been speaking with an FBI negotiator who told him “they just want to get everybody off the refuge.”

Those arrested include the Bundy brothers, Ryan 43, of Bunkerville, Nev., and Ammon, 40, of Emmett, Idaho, along with Brian Cavalier, 44, of Bunkerville; Shawna Cox, 59, of Kanab, Utah; and Ryan Waylen Payne, 32, of Anaconda, Mont. Also arrested, at separate locations in Burns, Ore., near the refuge, were Pete Santilli, host of a neoconservative online radio, and Joseph Donald O’Shaughnessy, 45, of Cottonwood, Ariz.

An eighth person, Jon Eric Ritzheimer, 32, was arrested after turning himself into police in Peoria, Ariz.

Those arrested were charged with a federal felony count of conspiracy to impede officers of the United States from discharging their official duties through the use of force, intimidation or threats.

Many residents of Harney County, where the refuge is located, have been among those demanding Bundy leave. Many sympathize with his criticism of federal land management policies of public lands but opposed the refuge takeover. They feared violence could erupt.

“I am pleased that the FBI has listened to the concerns of the local community and responded to the illegal activity occurring in Harney County by outside extremists,” Oregon Sen. Jeff Merkley said in a statement. “I hope that the remaining individuals occupying the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge will peacefully surrender.”

The nutjobs who are supporting this terrorist act will scream about Finicum’s death. It’s worth noting, however, those are probably the same people who would blame a black man (or child) for being shot by police if THEY were to brandish a gun in the direction of a police officer.

UPDATE: Anti-Muslim activist and Oregon militia member Jon Ritzheimer has also been arrested after turning himself in to police in Arizona. Ritzheimer had fled the Oregon wildlife refuge some time before the arrests of his fellow domestic terrorists.