The Biden campaign just released its first ad of 2024 and it directly calls out MAGA Republicans for their continued attacks on democracy & voting rights. Continue reading “Biden Campaign Ad Highlights Jan. 6 Invasion”
Bloomberg: ‘Cash-Poor’ Trump Campaign Pulls Ads In Florida

This makes no sense, unless you’re out of cash: Trump campaign spending on Minnesota but pulling out of FLORIDA.https://t.co/qeXZKbXfmf
— Josh Kraushaar (@HotlineJosh) October 27, 2020
Update: After I shared this post this morning, Thea McDonald, Deputy National Press Secretary for the Trump Campaign, reached out this response from Tim Murtaugh, Trump 2020 communications director:
“The Bloomberg story is horribly wrong and should never have been written. The campaign, with the RNC coordinated buy, is up with a seven figure buy in Florida on broadcast TV alone. In addition in Florida, we are up with six figures in local cable, six figures in Spanish language, and six figures on radio. Our ad buying week by week in the state has been consistent, and the reporting on this issue demonstrates a clear misunderstanding of how ad buying works (and in some cases a misunderstanding of simple addition and subtraction). Last week we announced a $55 million buy over the final two weeks, which is a 40 percent increase over our previous levels. Just yesterday we added $6 million on top of that for the final week. Including Florida, the Trump campaign is on television in 12 states and also nationally. This is sloppy reporting at the highest level.”
Bloomberg has updated their report adding details and quotes of advertising strategy.
The RNC is picking up some of that slack, buying $4 million in ads beginning last week. It’s now airing an ad in Florida attacking Biden on Medicare, falsely claiming that the Biden health care plan would eliminate private health insurance.
Campaign Ad Of The Day

I’m Joe Biden and I approve this message. pic.twitter.com/TuRZXPE5xK
— Joe Biden (@JoeBiden) September 20, 2020
Trump Campaign Runs Ads In DC To Calm The Donald

With their boss growing increasingly agitated with the state of his re-election campaign and with the efforts of Republican critics to undermine it, President Donald Trump’s team hatched a plan. They’d run a series of hard-hitting ads and place them on networks that they knew the president and congressional Republicans would watch.
And so, over the past month, the Trump campaign has spent slightly more than $400,000 on cable news ads in the Washington, D.C., area, buying time largely on Fox News but with some smaller buys on CNN and MSNBC as well, according to filings with the Federal Communications Commission. The ads began running in late May and are scheduled through June 23.
It is, on a purely electoral level, a remarkably quixotic use of campaign cash. The purchases have no real shot of moving D.C., Maryland, or Virginia into the Trump column.
Trump Campaign Threatens TV Stations For Airing Anti-Trump Ad
Donald Trump’s re-election campaign has threatened TV stations they could lose their broadcast licenses for airing an ad criticizing how the Donald has handled the ongoing COVID-19 threat. From Bloomberg News:
President Donald Trump’s campaign, in a letter on Wednesday, told stations in five battleground states to stop showing the ad from Priorities USA, a political action committee that supports Democratic candidate Joe Biden.
Failure to remove the ad “could put your station’s license in jeopardy” before the Federal Communications Commission, the campaign said in the letter. “Your station has an obligation to cease and desist from airing it immediately to comply with FCC licensing requirements.”
The letter was sent to stations in presidential battleground/swing states – Florida, Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin – which are considered vital to Trump’s reelection. The spot, from anti-Trump PAC Priorities USA, shows a graphic of the increasing cases of COVID-19 in the U.S. from January 20 to March 22. The audio uses sound bites of Trump downplaying the seriousness of the coronavirus threat at the time. “The coronavirus,” Trump says at the beginning, “this is their new hoax.” This is the updated version of the spot released today:
World Leaders’ Response To Trump Is Now Biden Campaign Ad

ICYMI, a hot mic picked up Canadian PM Justin Trudeau & others at NATO apparently talking about Pres Trump’s lateness, extended press conferences & Trump’s team’s jaws dropping in response to Trump’s comments at NATO. And now, Trump seems to have cancelled his 10:30 a.m. presser. https://t.co/HeHTZqEP2L
— Yamiche Alcindor (@Yamiche) December 4, 2019
The world is laughing at President Trump. They see him for what he really is: dangerously incompetent and incapable of world leadership. We cannot give him four more years as commander in chief. pic.twitter.com/IR8K2k54YQ
— Joe Biden (@JoeBiden) December 5, 2019
Pete Buttigieg Ramps Up Spending, Releases 1st TV Ad
Democratic presidential candidate Mayor Pete Buttigieg has released his first campaign ad with a substantial $210,000 media buy in Iowa where the first votes of the 2020 election cycle will be cast. The ad, titled ‘The Only Way,’ focuses on Buttigieg’s experience as a mayor and military veteran. “As a veteran and as a mayor, I’ve seen what we can achieve when we have each other’s backs,” begins the 30-second spot. “But in today’s divided America, we’re at each others throats.” “Our rivers and oceans are rising. Health care costs are soaring, and our kids are learning active shooter drills before they learn to read,” Buttigieg says speaking to the camera. “To meet these challenges and to defeat this president, we need real solutions, not more polarization.”
Trump Endorsement Ads Use Stock Video Footage Of Actors
![]() |
| This is not a Trump supporter (screen capture via iStockPhoto) |
In an effort to boost Donald Trump’s standing with certain demographics (like women, Hispanics and younger voters), the Trump campaign has produced video endorsements now running on Facebook and Google.
One, for example, gives us “Tracey,” a young blond woman, walking down the beach, while a voiceover (which a viewer would assume is Tracey) says, “President Trump is doing a great job. I could not ask for a better president of the United States of American.”
But here’s the thing: “Tracey” is actually a stock video clip anyone can buy at iStockPhoto.com.
![]() |
| (click image to enlarge) |
Anyone watching the campaign ad would assume “Tracey” is a real Trump supporter.
This is literally “fake news.”
There is a disclaimer on the campaign ad – “Actor portrayal. Actual testimonial” – but the disclaimer only shows for a brief period and is in a tiny font size.
There are additional videos featuring a young, bearded hipster and a Hispanic man.
The Trump campaign wants you to believe these stock footage models are MAGA supporters pic.twitter.com/SM916mGW3b— NowThis (@nowthisnews) July 3, 2019
Politician Runs Campaign Ads On Pornhub “You Have To Be Where The Voters Are”
![]() |
| Joachim B. Olsen of Denmark (images via Facebook) |
I think American politics could use a little bit of this politician’s lighthearted sense of humor.
A former Olympic shot-putter-turned-politician in Denmark has placed campaign ads on porn website PornHub in advance of the general election.
Joachim B Olsen, who scored a silver medal at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, was elected to the Danish parliament at the 2011 election, representing the Liberal Alliance in the Greater Copenhagen constituency.
By the way, did I mention he’s hot???
![]() |
| Olsen in 2012 shortly after being elected to Parliament |
With this year’s general elections looming on the horizon (June 5), Olsen made the unusual move of buying campaign ads on Pornhub which read, “When you’re done wanking, vote for Jokke.”
Jokke is the 41-year-old’s nickname.
When a Twitter user argued Olsen was receiving more attention than his opponent, Rasmus Paludan, the founder and leader of the anti-immigrant party Hard Line, Olsen tweeted: “There is no limit to how far I will go for the nation. If it takes an ad on pornhub to keep Rasmus Paludan out of the foreign media, I’ll take one for the team.”
In an interview, Olsen told the Danish Broadcasting Corporation, “You have to be where the voters are.”
He also admitted his campaign is 95% serious, but makes a point to leave room for a little “fun.”
“I hope people get a good laugh,” he said. “I have received a very positive response to it. I don’t know if there are votes in it.”
And yes, he knows the unconventional campaign ad buy might upset some conservative folks.
“I am well aware that some people are outraged,” he offered. “One cannot say anything today without people being outraged. Those who know me as a politician, they know I’m a serious politician. But I also have humour, and I think this is fun.”
![]() |
| Olsen in 2015 during a radio interview |
Anti-Ted Cruz Ad Uses Donald Trump Sound Bites
We all knew this was coming. I’m just surprised it took this long.
A new anti-Ted Cruz ad from Progressive Change Committee (not affiliated with Beto O’Rourke campaign) uses images of Sen. Ted Cruz and sound bites from Donald Trump to describe the Texas Republican:
“I must tell you something about Ted Cruz. I have never, never met someone who lies more than Ted Cruz.
One of the great liars of all time. That’s why we call him ‘Lyin’ Ted.’
Lyin’ Ted! He holds the Bible high, and then he lies.
Ted Cruz, he’s taken so much money from so many different people, and he’s totally controlled.
He’s a nasty guy, nobody likes him, nobody in Congress likes him.
Cruz is not a truthful person.
Cruz is the most dishonest guy I think I’ve ever met in politics.”


