• Gay porn star Topher DiMaggio has been suspended as a “trophy boy” for Andrew Christian fashion label as two more allegations of sexual assault have been made. That brings the total to five different accusers.
Andrew Christian does not condone sexual abuse or any other type of abuse or mistreatment to members of our community. We are taking allegations made by the victims very seriously. Accordingly, Topher is on indefinite suspension while we look into the matter…
• Walgreens has changed its national bathroom policy after a lesbian in Los Angeles was told she couldn’t use the ladies room because she looked like a man. The new policy will allow people to use the bathroom that corresponds with their gender identity.
• Power producer Ryan Murphy just got a two-season straight-to-series order from Netflix for The Politician which will star Tony Award winner Ben Platt. Barbra Streisand and Gwyneth Paltrow are in talks to co-star. Platt will play a wealthy Santa Barbara resident running for public office. And yes, Platt will have musical numbers in the series.
• Cosmopolitan invited several hunky U.S. Olympic athletes heading to Pyeongchang for the Winter Games to recite really cheesy pick-up lines as they gave a little peek at their well-toned bodies.
I think out freestyle skier Gus Kenworthy scored the best moment with his line: “I wanted the gold medal in Sochi, but I settled for silver because I want to make sure you come first.” Watch below.
Obviously, this is a “don’t miss” event with the still luminous Babs.
Via press release:
With a career spanning six decades, Barbra Streisand is a legend of both stage and screen with a loyal, loving fanbase. In the upcoming Netflix film concert event Barbra: The Music…The Mem’ries…The Magic!, which launches globally on Wednesday, November 22, at 12:01am PST, she is joined by an exciting roster of special guests, including a special duet with Jamie Foxx, as she takes audiences on a journey of her life’s work, like a stroll down mem’ry lane with a good friend.
Directed by Jim Gable and Barbra Streisand, Barbra: The Music…The Mem’ries…The Magic!, a Netflix film, is produced by Ann Kim and Ned Doyle, with Streisand and Marty Erlichman serving as executive producers. The film is written by Streisand, Jay Landers and Richard Jay-Alexander.
Watch the trailer and a clip with Jamie Foxx below.
Babs stopped by Ellen today to promote the premiere:
• Fitness model Lony Pizarro on Labor Day (above). Can we go back to then? 🙂
• A leaked excerpt from Hillary Clinton’s upcoming memoir, What Happened, includes a passage about Bernie Sanders supporters (“Bernie Bros”) and the long-lasting effects of their attacks on social media during the 2016 presidential campaign.
• Freddie Mercury, of QUEEN fame, would have been 71 years-old today. Check out the first look at Rami Malek as “Freddie” in the Bryan Singer-directed Bohemian Rhapsody due in theaters December 25, 2018.
• Barbra Streisand, Beyonce, Oprah and Blake Shelton will host a one-hour telethon to benefit the victims of Hurricane Harvey September 12 at 8 PM ET. The event will air on ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, and CMT.
• A new Morning Consult/Politico poll shows 58% of Americans say Dreamers should be allowed to stay in the country and become citizens if they meet certain requirements. Additionally, 68% of respondents said Dreamers should be granted legal work permits.
• Cher announced via Twitter that she intends to help DACA folks after Trump rescinded the program. But when a Twitter troll came calling, she slapped right back.
Billboard asked pop culture icons to write ‘love letters’ to the LGBTQ community, and wow, what a turn out they got.
Check out the letter from superstar Barbra Streisand, long-time LGBTQ ally:
The first time I ever sang for a paying audience was at a gay club, The Lion, in Greenwich Village. I was 18 years old and had never been in a nightclub before. The gay community supported me from the start, and I will always be grateful.
Decades later, I remember sitting in a theater and watching Larry Kramer’s play, The Normal Heart, with tears running down my cheeks. It was 1985 and Ronald Reagan was president and it was heartbreaking to know people were dying while he refused to even say the word AIDS. I wanted more people to see this powerful story about everyone’s right to love, so I tried for 25 years to get it made as a movie. No one would touch it, but thank God times have changed.
Marriage equality is the law and that deserves a toast… to all of us, because we’re all unique and beautiful in our own way and entitled to love and be loved by whomever we choose.
And if you want to read even more letters to the LGBTQ community from folks like Britney Spears, Celine Dion, Dionne Warwick, Kelly Clarkson and Liza Minnelli, click here.
Appearing at an LGBT fund raiser for presidential candidate Hillary Clinton in New York City last night, Barbra Streisand delivered a very clever parody version of the Stephen Sondheim classic, “Send In The Clowns,” retitled “Who Needs This Clown?” with newly penned lyrics which skewered Republican Donald Trump.
IS HE THAT RICH?
MAYBE HE’S POOR?
‘TIL HE REVEALS HIS RETURNS
WHO CAN BE SURE?
WHO NEEDS THIS CLOWN?
I DON’T APPROVE
IF HE WERE RUNNING THE FREE WORLD,
WHERE WOULD WE MOVE?
NAME ME A TOWN?
JUST WHO IS THIS CLOWN?
AND WHEN WE THOUGHT WE’D HEARD IT ALL
HUFFING AND PUFFING ABOUT HIS BIG FANTASY WALL
MAKING HIS ENTRANCE ON STAGE…
HE JUST SHOOTS FROM THE HIP
HE’S FULL OF BULL
HE’S LOST HIS GRIP!
[“Since Putin likes me, I like him! Sounds like a 4-year old!”]
AND IF BY CHANCE
HE GETS TO HEAV’N
EVEN UP THERE HE’LL DECLARE…
WHO’D HIRE THIS CLOWN?
THIS SAD VULGAR CLOWN…
“YOU’RE FIRED” YOU CLOWN!
SMART THAT IS CLEAR
WHILE SHE IS GIVING US HOPE…TRUMP IS SELLING US FEAR
LOOK HOW HE CHANGES HIS VIEWS EVERY TIME THAT HE SPEAKS
IT’S LIE AFTER LIE
CAN’T TAKE EIGHT MORE WEEKS!
THIS IS NO FARCE
MAYBE HE’S BROKE?
IS THIS “THE ART OF HIS DEAL”
OR SOME AWFUL JOKE?
YOU’VE GOT TO ADMIT…
THIS SILLY HALF-WIT…
IS SO FULL OF _ _ _ _!