

How many more people have to suffer because of President Trump’s lies? pic.twitter.com/m2spzGCKgd
— Joe Biden (@JoeBiden) September 10, 2020
LGBTQ news and entertainment


How many more people have to suffer because of President Trump’s lies? pic.twitter.com/m2spzGCKgd
— Joe Biden (@JoeBiden) September 10, 2020
Via ABC News:
The New York City Comptroller’s Office has found no evidence that Donald Trump donated to 9/11 charities in the months after the attacks, the agency said.
Trump had promised weeks after the 2001 attack to donate $10,000 to the Twin Towers Fund as part of a charity effort by “The Howard Stern Show.”
“My office has reviewed the donations made in the nearly 12 months following the attacks – and we didn’t find evidence that he contributed a single cent to the victims, our first responders, and to our city through the Twin Towers Fund,” New York City Comptroller Scott Stringer, a Democrat, said in a statement to ABC News today.
“In the wake of 9/11, New Yorkers came together, healed, and rebuilt. If Donald Trump claimed to donate and didn’t, if he claimed to support New Yorkers in a time of crisis and refused, then that would be just plain wrong.”
It’s possible that the Republican presidential nominee donated after the two audit periods reviewed by Stringer’s office. The Trump campaign did not immediately respond to ABC News’ request for comment.
Donald Trump tweeted Saturday night that he had abruptly canceled a clandestine meeting at Camp David with the president of Afghanistan and Taliban leaders. The president also ‘called off peace negotiations’ that had appeared to be close to a final agreement. From the Washington Post:
President Trump said Saturday that he had canceled a previously undisclosed summit at Camp David with Taliban leadership and Afghan President Ashraf Ghani after the Taliban took responsibility for an attack last week that killed a U.S. soldier.
Trump said the meetings had been set to take place Sunday.
On Twitter, the president appeared to cancel talks with the Taliban indefinitely, a significant blow to the peace process kicked off last year, which was nearing its conclusion. In tweets Saturday evening, Trump wrote that he has “called off peace negotiations” and accused the Taliban of perpetrating the attacks to strengthen their negotiating hand.
“What kind of people would kill so many in order to seemingly strengthen their bargaining position?” Trump tweeted. “They didn’t, they only made it worse!”
The canceled meetings were scheduled to be held just days before the 18th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, which led to the U.S. invasion of Afghanistan. The Taliban. On U.S. soil. Three days before the 9/11 anniversary. Seriously.
Unbeknownst to almost everyone, the major Taliban leaders and, separately, the President of Afghanistan, were going to secretly meet with me at Camp David on Sunday. They were coming to the United States tonight. Unfortunately, in order to build false leverage, they admitted to..
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 7, 2019
….an attack in Kabul that killed one of our great great soldiers, and 11 other people. I immediately cancelled the meeting and called off peace negotiations. What kind of people would kill so many in order to seemingly strengthen their bargaining position? They didn’t, they….
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 7, 2019
….only made it worse! If they cannot agree to a ceasefire during these very important peace talks, and would even kill 12 innocent people, then they probably don’t have the power to negotiate a meaningful agreement anyway. How many more decades are they willing to fight?
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 7, 2019
Chris Wallace asks Secretary of State Mike Pompeo why President Trump planned to meet with Taliban leaders three days before 9/11. #FNS #FoxNews pic.twitter.com/BKXdElTqUy
— FoxNewsSunday (@FoxNewsSunday) September 8, 2019
2008. Sarah Pallin: “Barack Obama is palling around with terrorists.” 2019. Donald Trump invites Taliban to hang out at Camp David on anniversary of 9/11.
— stuart stevens (@stuartpstevens) September 8, 2019
Can we just take a second to acknowledge the absurdity of the fact that in between robbing the American military to get funding for his meaningless wall, and the 9/11 anniversary, the president tweeted about a secret meeting with the Taliban and followed up with a cat video?
— Ida Skibenes ❄️ (@ida_skibenes) September 8, 2019
How about we end the war without inviting the Taliban to dinner on the week of 9/11? https://t.co/5SC1mAmYlg
— Justin Amash (@justinamash) September 8, 2019
And just to show you that the Donald is totes on his game, he followed those tweets with this:
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 8, 2019
(image via Flickr/White House – public domain)
At a signing ceremony to permanently authorize the 9/11 victims compensation fund, Donald Trump once again claimed he somehow ‘helped’ at the World Trade Center site in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks.
“I was down there also. I don’t consider myself a first responder, but I was down there. I spent a lot of time down there with you.”
The Washington Post has already debunked this myth: “While Trump did visit the site a couple of days after the attack and did some interviews, there is no evidence that he got down to help clear rubble, which people would certainly have remembered.”
Trump suggests that he was a 9/11 First Responder pic.twitter.com/cFnVkV3wru— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) July 29, 2019
Trump was not “down there” during 9/11 with first responders, and the only role he played was bragging on TV that he now had the biggest building in NY once the towers fell. Oh and lying about how American Muslims reacted to 9/11. https://t.co/5ZMyudJG4l— Joy Reid (@JoyAnnReid) July 29, 2019
This has long been proven false. What’s more, everything we know about Trump is that his cowardliness would prevent him going toward danger to help anyone. Trump DID, however, take money from the 9/11 business fund and claimed he saw Muslims celebrating the attacks.— Victoria Brownworth 🏳️🌈 (@VABVOX) July 29, 2019
“I was down there also, but I’m not considering myself a first responder,” Trump told 9/11 responders at WH today.Fact check: Trump was near Ground Zero in days after 9/11, claiming he had “100s of men” working to clear rubble, a claim 9/11 responders called dubious
— Jim Sciutto (@jimsciutto) July 29, 2019
I was in NYC on 9/11. He was calling in to TV shows, bragging that now he had the tallest building in downtown Manhattan. I’ll never forget it. https://t.co/AEwQyftRYW— kristen johnston (@thekjohnston) July 29, 2019
![]() |
| Jon Stewart |
Everyone seriously needs to stop and watch Jon Stewart’s incredible speech before a Congressional committee regarding funding for 9/11 first responders.
Less than half the committee bothered to show up for the hearing, and an emotional Stewart lambasts those there in front of the cameras.
Congress loves to say “Never Forget,” but they forgot to show up.
Watch below.
WATCH: Jon Stewart’s full statement before House cmte., demanding additional funding for 9/11 victim compensation fund, which is set to expire next year.“Your indifference cost these men and women their most valuable commodity: Time! It’s the one thing they’re running out of.” pic.twitter.com/h0399gSIky
— NBC News (@NBCNews) June 11, 2019
CBS News reports the shaming worked:
The House Judiciary Committee unanimously passed a bill which would permanently reauthorize the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund Wednesday, the day after comedian Jon Stewart gave impassioned testimony in support of the bill in video that quickly went viral.
The bill will now go to the floor for a full vote in the House of Representatives, where it is likely to pass. It’s unclear whether Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell will take up the bill in the Senate, although Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York said Wednesday that he was “imploring, pleading, even begging” McConnell to bring the bill to the floor as soon as it passes in the House.
Some news items you might have missed:
• The memory of 9/11 has been at the forefront of my mind all day. It was an attack on my home of many years; it was an attack on all Americans. #Remember
• A man in St.Petersburg, Florida, stabbed his friend in the neck after the two had sex.
• Game of Thrones star Kit Harington wondered to the press at the Toronto International Film Festival why we can’t have an openly gay actor play a Marvel super-hero?
• Chad Griffin, president of the Human Rights Campaign, tells the Washington Post’s Jonathan Capehart, “We’re going to get our country back.” Griffin says he’s never seen such grassroots energy as we approach the midterm elections.
• Remembering Father Mychal Judge, the openly gay priest who was the first official casualty of the horrific 9/11 terror attack.
• Keiynan Lonsdale, star of The Flash and Love, Simon, asked his 837,000 fans on Instagram “Why is it deemed wrong to not wear clothes?” as he posted a nude pic.
![]() |
| Donald Trump |
As the world observes the 17th anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks on the United States, Donald Trump began the day not with uplifting prose for the nation he’s charged with leading, but by tweeting out yet another rant about the ongoing investigation by Special Counsel Robert Mueller into Russian interference in our 2016 election.
“We have found nothing to show collusion between President Trump & Russia, absolutely zero, but every day we get more documentation showing collusion between the FBI & DOJ, the Hillary campaign, foreign spies & Russians, incredible,” wrote the Trumpster.
“We have found nothing to show collusion between President Trump & Russia, absolutely zero, but every day we get more documentation showing collusion between the FBI & DOJ, the Hillary campaign, foreign spies & Russians, incredible.” @SaraCarterDC @LouDobbs— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 11, 2018
New Strzok-Page texts reveal “Media Leak Strategy.” @FoxNews So terrible, and NOTHING is being done at DOJ or FBI – but the world is watching, and they get it completely.— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 11, 2018
“ERIC Holder could be running the Justice Department right now and it would be behaving no differently than it is.” @LouDobbs— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 11, 2018
Hours later, the current occupant of the White House tweeted this inspiring missive:
17 years since September 11th!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 11, 2018
According to reports, Trump and First Lady Melania Trump will attend a memorial in Shanksville, Pennsylvania, where United flight 93 went down after passengers stood up to the terrorists.
Vice President Mike Pence attended a ceremony with Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis and Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Paul Selva at the Pentagon where another plane crashed and killed 184 in the deadly attack.
![]() |
| A 1 train pulls into the World Trade Center subway station for first time since terror attacks |
As the world recognizes the 17th anniversary of the 9/11 attack on the United States, a 1 train has pulled into the subway station located directly underneath the World Trade Center for the first time since the horrific day of terror.
Costing over $158 million, the reconstruction took so long because New York City primarily focused energies on rebuilding above ground where the twin towers had stood.
For years now, the Metropolitan Transit Authority has ferried commuters via bus shuttle to South Ferry instead of Cortlandt Street.
The new station features 1,200 feet of new track and tunnel as well as a white marble mosaic by artist Ann Hamilton that incorporates raised lettering utilizing the text from the Declaration of Independence and the 1948 United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Titled “CHORUS,” commuters can experience the artwork not only visually but through touch as well.
Additional improvements New Yorkers will appreciate – the subway station is air-conditioned and features digital, state of the art real-time train schedules.
MTA Chairman Joseph Lhota called the moment “a major milestone in the recovery and growth of downtown Manhattan,” telling the Gothamist, “WTC Cortlandt is more than a new subway station. It is symbolic of New Yorkers’ resolve in restoring and substantially improving the entire World Trade Center site.”
Watch the report below from the NYC ABC affiliate.
Donald Trump surrogate Rudy Giuliani told a campaign crowd today that he was on site at the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001, and he doesn’t remember seeing then Sen. Hillary Clinton at the site.
The full statement:
Don’t tell me if you said that that you remember September 11, 2001. I remember September 11, 2001. Yes, yes, you helped to get benefits for the people who were injured that day. But I heard her say she was there that day. I was there that day, I don’t remember seeing Hillary Clinton there. That was like when she said she had to run through gunfire. That turned out to be,, what do we call it? A lie.
But don’t tell me that you subscribe the notion that all of us who were with on September 11 and we’re lucky to be alive and have lost so many friends. I lost so many friends on September 11. I think about it every day. Don’t tell me you belong to our very, very tight group of “never forget.” Don’t tell me that.
Please note the picture above of her walking with him on 9/11.
These people say anything that crosses their minds as they address the crowds. And then the people go home and tell everyone this lie that they heard from Rudy Giuliani.
#LiarLiarPantsOnFire
Rudy Giuliani: “I was there” on 9/11, “I don’t remember seeing Hillary Clinton there.” https://t.co/iRB09cQ8eH— ABC News Politics (@ABCPolitics) October 12, 2016