Red Flags Missed In Weeks Leading Up To Maine Mass Shooting

A few stories have emerged over the past few days, revealing some red flags that occurred prior to the deadly mass shooting in Maine. Last Wednesday, 40-year-old Robert Card went on two shooting rampages in Lewiston, Maine, killing 18 people at Just-in-Time Recreation and at Schemengees Bar & Grille. Three months before the incident, the U.S. Army Reservist attempted to buy a silencer for a rifle at a local firearms store, Coast Defense Firearms. https://twitter.com/6abc/status/1718689248193171957 Rick LaChapelle, owner of the store told ABC News, “He came in and filled out the form, he checked off a box that incriminated himself saying that he was in an institution.” “Our staff was fantastic, let him finish filling out the form, and said, ‘I’m sorry, Mr. Card, we cannot give you this… at this point in time, we cannot release this silencer to you because of the answers that you’ve given us.” Also, the Associate Press reports last month police across the state were alerted to “veiled threats” from Card.

Two local law enforcement chiefs told The Associated Press that a statewide awareness alert was sent in mid-September to be on the lookout for Robert Card after the firearms instructor made threats against his base and fellow soldiers.

But after stepped-up patrols of the base and a visit to Card’s home – neither of which turned up any sign of him – they moved on.

https://twitter.com/WGME/status/1718442572908282238 And CNN reports the Maine National Guard asked local police to check on Card six weeks before the deadly massacre concerned he would “snap and commit a mass shooting.” https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1718790717613728147


Discover more from The Randy Report

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Share via
Copy link