Recently polling shows the longer the current Trump shutdown of the federal government continues, the more it wears on his approval rating.
New results from the Morning Consult/POLITICO poll
shows Trump’s approval rating has dropped to 40% while his disapproval rating has hit an all-time high for this poll of 57%.
• 54% put the onus on Trump and Congressional Republicans for the government shutdown, while 35% blame Democrats.
• In regarding to the ongoing investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, a solid majority – 57% – believe Russia has compromising information on Trump.
The results of the latest CBS News poll
aren’t any better for Trump:
• 66% of those polled say Trump should agree to the current budget proposal without insisting on his wall.
• Regarding the current shutdown, 47% approved of the way Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi is handling the situation versus 35% approving of Trump’s approach.
• Trump’s approval rating in the CBS News poll has dropped to 36% while 59% disapprove of the job he’s doing.
Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi isn’t shy about spreading the news…