A new Monmouth University poll shows Democrats favor Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) as former Vice President Joe Biden’s running mate by a wide margin.
Of the 2,240 Democratic primary voters surveyed:
• 28% favor Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA)
• 13% named Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)
• 12% supported Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) who took herself out of the running last night
• 10% gave the nod to former Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams
• 7% favor Florida Congresswoman Val Demings
• 2% support former National Security Adviser Susan Rice
Among Biden’s primary voters, 33% said they prefer Harris. Among Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) voters, Warren was favored by 22% while Harris is at 18%.
Also notable from the poll, 59% say having a woman of color on the ticket improves the chances of winning in November.