Some news stories you might have missed:
• The Advocate: Officials at the Pentagon warned on Wednesday that the current spate of anti-LGBTQ policies could potentially be damaging to the military and could impact military readiness.
• NBC News: Garret O’Boyle, the FBI agent who was presented in a public hearing by House Republicans as a whistleblower, was suspended by the bureau because internal investigators had concluded that he leaked sensitive investigative information.
Since he denied that under oath in his testimony, that would be perjury. https://t.co/33bcVJcHH9
— Ron Filipkowski (@RonFilipkowski) June 8, 2023
• Axios: The Supreme Court ruling striking down Alabama’s voting map could have reverberations in other states and lead to possibly 2-4 new blue seats in the House of Representatives.
• Queerty: In his new Netflix documentary, Arnold Schwarzenegger reflects on his teen obsession with English bodybuilder Reg Park’s male form and how it caused his parents to question his sexuality. “I was so amazed by this body, I just could not get it out of my mind,” the 75-year-old reveals.
Prior to becoming a bodybuilding icon, Schwarzenegger’s infatuation with the male form had his family questioning his sexuality.
— Queerty (@Queerty) June 7, 2023
• Yahoo News: A teacher, school board candidate, & Christian ministry worker in WA has been charged with 11 felony child abuse charges. She’s facing charges of child rape & child sexual assault. #NotADragQueen
• Facebook: Anti-LGBTQ haters were apparently shocked when Cracker Barrel Restaurants shared a tip of the hat to Pride Month writing, “We are excited to celebrate Pride Month with our employees and guests. Everyone is always welcome at our table (and our [rainbow emoji] rock. Happy Pride!”