Some news items you might have missed:
• OUT: This month is the 20th anniversary of the debut of “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.” Checking in the OG Fab Five today.
— Out Magazine (@outmagazine) July 19, 2023
• CBS News: One winning ticket was sold in Los Angeles for Wednesday night’s estimated $1.08 billion Powerball jackpot. The lump sum payment would be $558.1 million.
• Bloomberg News: A new poll finds just 16% of registered voters would consider supporting a fusion third-party ticket with Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) for president. The group No Labels is actively floating the idea of a bipartisan, third-party bid.
• Washington Post: A gay couple ran a rural restaurant in peace. Then new neighbors arrived. This is quite the tale.
The Washers and William Waybourn disagree on just when their neighborly tensions turned into a serious conflict. But it’s been dragging on for years.
Some residents of the small village of The Plains, Va., fear the dispute — including dueling no-trespassing orders and rats being… pic.twitter.com/6hgPOoplev
— The Washington Post (@washingtonpost) July 15, 2023
• New York Times: The House overwhelmingly passed bipartisan legislation to improve air travel over the next half-decade. The bill would address airlines’ refunds and reimbursement obligations to passengers, boost hiring of air traffic controllers, modernizing airport infrastructure, and more.
• NBC News: Four members of a Florida family were convicted Wednesday of selling a toxic industrial bleach as a fake Covid-19 cure through their online church. They each face up to five years in prison. Sentencing will be October 6.
Four members of a Florida family are convicted of selling a toxic industrial bleach as a fake Covid cure through their online church, according to court records. https://t.co/372ODqcQPN
— NBC News (@NBCNews) July 20, 2023