Some news items you might have missed:
• Instinct Magazine: My ‘other home’ serves up this list of “things you probably didn’t know” about Fire Island star Nick Adams.
These Photos of ‘Fire Island’ Hottie Nick Adams Will Have You Thirsting for More https://t.co/uq3d5rSqU6 #Entertainment #fireisland #Gay #hottie #LGBTQ pic.twitter.com/iC3z8WsKt2
— Instinct Magazine (@instinctmag) February 1, 2023
• The Daily Beast: The lawyer Rep. George Santos (R-NY) hired to represent him in his check fraud case in Brazil apparently has a serious criminal record. Brazilian outlet Folha asked Santos about the lawyer, but the newspaper says Santos replied that he doesn’t understand Portuguese—despite speaking Portuguese fluently in interviews.
• Xtra: Noted bisexual Drew Barrymore’s daytime talk show has become an unlikely space for delightfully naughty queerness.
Drew Barrymore knows exactly what she’s doing, and it’s giving the gays what they want, writes @intothemelwoods.https://t.co/4ylrrPmuhz
— Xtra (@XtraMagazine) February 1, 2023
• Pink News: Clapping back at anti-transgender forces, trans men share their powerful stories of how penis surgery changed their lives: “More than I dreamed.”
• JoeMyGod: Far-right loon Matt Walsh says doctors who treat transgender youth should be executed. Of course, this is the same guy who says that shooting people “is not against the law.”
• WUSA: A federal judge sentenced Daniel Ray Caldwell, a U.S. Marine Corps veteran, to 5+ years in prison for assaulting a line of police officers with chemical spray on Jan. 6, 2021. Caldwell pleaded guilty to the charge in September 2022.
NEW: Daniel Caldwell, a Marine Corps veteran from The Colony, Texas, was sentenced to 68 months in prison today for assaulting multiple officers on Jan. 6 with chemical spray. https://t.co/2zcMwFUEv5
— Jordan Fischer (@JordanOnRecord) February 1, 2023