Brody is ready for his birthday weekend (above), plus some news items you might have missed:
• Kansas City Star: From the op-ed board – “The decision to remove a display of Kansas City’s gay and lesbian history from the Missouri State Capitol is outrageous, potentially illegal, and yet another embarrassment for a state with a history of intolerance.”
• CBS Los Angeles: A California woman faces up to 20 years behind bars and she’s been banned from Southwest Airlines after she allegedly punched a flight attendant during a flight in May who asked her to place her face mask over her nose.
A California woman now faces federal assault and interfering with a flight crew charges after she allegedly attacked a Southwest Airlines flight attendant on a flight from San Diego to Sacramento in May https://t.co/9RL46SrRFG
— CBS Los Angeles (@CBSLA) September 3, 2021
• Audacy: A poll published Thursday by the Public Policy Institute of California showed only one percent of likely voters said they would choose Republican Caitlyn Jenner in the upcoming gubernatorial recall election.
• Edge Media: A 23-year-old New York man was riding a Brooklyn-bound subway on Thursday, Aug. 26, when he was attacked by a man spouting gay slurs. The suspect reportedly approached and began punching the victim in the head multiple times.
• Wall Street Journal: Donald Trump says he’ll probably skip any vaccination booster shot – “It’s probably not for me.”
— John McCormick (@McCormickJohn) September 3, 2021