Some news items you might have missed:
• OUT: Transgender Dear White People showrunner Jaclyn Moore is leaving Netflix in a dispute over the Dave Chappelle TV special, The Closer, in which the controversial comedian declared he was “Team TERF,” defended J.K. Rowling and DaBaby, and made offensive and transphobic jokes about the genitalia of trans women.
• The Advocate: Transportation Secretary and newly-minted parent Pete Buttigieg says having children is “everything people tell you to expect and more. I used to think of 5 am as early and now I think of it as nap time if I’m lucky and yet I catch myself grinning half the time.”
"It's been wonderful. It's everything people tell you to expect and more. I think the biggest thing that has surprised me is just how much joy there is even sometimes in the hard parts." —@secretarypete on being a new dad pic.twitter.com/UwovzGxTNH
— Morning Joe (@Morning_Joe) October 7, 2021
• Washington Post: Pfizer/BioNTech has asked the FDA to authorize its coronavirus vaccine for children 5 to 11, which would make about 28 million children eligible for the shots. But a recent Kaiser Family Foundation report found only a third of parents who have children 5 to 11 say they would vaccinate their kids.
• Politico: Four senior advisers to Donald Trump have been asked by the House committee investigating the violent January 6 invasion of the U.S. Capitol building to turn over documents related to the insurrection. But Trump has told the four men to defy the subpoenas.
Obstruction of justice. https://t.co/SGZi9LF63h
— The Lincoln Project (@ProjectLincoln) October 7, 2021
• NBC News: New unemployment claims fell by 38,000 to 326,000 last week. So far this year, employers have been adding 586,000 jobs a month.
• InstaHunks: Fitness guru Nathan McCallum is excited to welcome summer ‘down under’ in Australia. #eyecandy #woof