Some news items you might have missed:
• Out: Nyle DiMarco (above) is set to star in the new drama series Deaf Punk! The show is inspired by San Francisco’s famed music venue The Deaf Club, which helped catapult the punk scene in the 1970s.
• Kenneth-in-the-212: How did I miss Kenneth’s recent entry in his “Saturday Stache” series? I understand his name is Adam Powell. #woof
• Variety: An arbitrator has ordered Kevin Spacey and his companies to pay nearly $31 million to MRC, the production company behind “House of Cards,” after finding that Spacey breached his contract by violating the company’s sexual harassment policy.
• NAACP: In closing statements, a defense lawyer in the Ahmaud Arbery murder case blamed the victim for his “choices” and for showing up in the neighborhood “in his khaki shorts with no socks to cover his long, dirty toenails.”
— NAACP (@NAACP) November 22, 2021
• Marquette University: 71% of respondents in a nationwide poll said they do not want to see Donald Trump run for office again; 40% of Republicans don’t want the Donald to run.
The video is quintessential Netta — artfully cartoonish, delightfully off-the-wall, and with 100% conviction.