Some news items you might have missed:
• Out: J.K. Rowling had to scramble after Russian President Putin defended her against cancel culture. The Harry Potter author basically said, “I’m a transphobe, but not that kind of transphobe.”
The Harry Potter author basically said, “I’m a transphobe, but not *that* kind of transphobe.” https://t.co/YrMIJWtHai
— Out Magazine (@outmagazine) March 25, 2022
• LGBTQ Nation: Kentucky lawmakers have passed a bill that would ban trans girls in 6th grade through college from competing in school sports on women’s teams. Instead, they would be required to participate based on their sex assigned at birth, as shown on their birth certificate.
• Pink News: Netflix’s upcoming dating show, The Ultimatum: Marry or Move On, doesn’t premiere until April 4, but the show has already been renewed for a second season with an all-queer cast.
New Netflix dating show The Ultimatum will have all-queer cast for season two https://t.co/rzxilWUJ8s
— PinkNews (@PinkNews) March 26, 2022
• Law and Crime: Brian Kolfage, who headed up fundraising to help build Trump’s border wall, has signaled plans to enter guilty pleas without a trial. We Build the Wall promised that every penny raised would go to construction, but Kolfage took $350,000 plus went on a spending spree to buy a Jupiter Marine yacht called the Warfighter, a Range Rover SUV, a golf cart, jewelry, and cosmetic surgery.
• Twitter: President Biden met with Ukrainian refugees outside PGE Stadium in Warsaw, and also spent time with service members from the 82nd Airborne Division in Rzeszów, Poland.
This is not a photo op. This is who Joe has always been and is. pic.twitter.com/8kbASkX44b
— jennifer cummings (@jenniferTVTweet) March 26, 2022
— Doug Mills (@dougmillsnyt) March 25, 2022
— Ed O’Keefe (@edokeefe) March 26, 2022
No, President Biden did not throw any rolls of paper towel at the refugees.
— Michael Beschloss (@BeschlossDC) March 26, 2022