Some news items you might have missed:
• OMG Blog: This dog (above) recreated Madonna’s iconic photos to hilarious results.
• Reuters: A pill containing two HIV drugs that was touted as a potential treatment for the novel coronavirus was not effective, according to a study released late on Wednesday in the New England Journal of Medicine.
• Slate: The Coronavirus Diaries – “The guys are wild on Grindr right now.”
• The Recount: As Trump pivots to coronavirus crisis mode (finally), let’s take a look at the months of downplaying and denial.
• Washington Post: Breaking with tradition, more than 80 career national security professionals have signed an open letter of support for Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, saying that President Trump “has created an existential danger to the United States.”
• Las Vegas Review-Journal: Little Darlings strip club in Las Vegas will begin offering drive-through strip shows for those who want to indulge in some adult entertainment, but do not want to enter the building, per the CDC’s recommendations that people keep 6 feet in distance between themselves and others. Ten minutes shows will cost $100 plus tip.
• CBS News: Rep. Tulsi Gabbard has announced the end to her bid for the Democratic presidential nomination after consistently low rankings in national polls and dismal finishes in primary contests. Making her announcement, she endorsed former Vice President Joe Biden for president.
• KIT212: New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo chatting with his brother, CNN host Chris Cuomo is pretty funny as the bros fight on-air about who was their mom’s favorite child, calling their parents, and breaking curfew growing up.
This video of brothers Andrew and Chris Cuomo fighting ON AIR about their mom’s favorite child, calling their parents, and breaking curfew growing up is better than anything Shakespeare ever wrote pic.twitter.com/h7KF6pOdun
— Sam Stryker (@sbstryker) March 17, 2020