Some news items you might have missed:
• The Advocate: Check out more than 35 images from this year’s Los Angeles Pride parade where more than 100,000 people came out to celebrate queer joy. The parade celebrated more than 50 years since the first march.
— The Advocate (@TheAdvocateMag) June 22, 2022
• Fox News: “This just seems to make Donald Trump look awful. Just awful…At what point does that cross a constitutional line and maybe a legal one?” – Fox News host Neil Cavuto regarding today’s January 6 hearing.
• Back2Stonewall: Remembering the gayest non-gay movie ever – You Can’t Stop The Music – which opened 42 years ago starring The Village People. Valerie Perrine, Steve Gutenberg, and Caitlyn Jenner (then-Bruce Jenner).
• Deadline: A jury in Los Angeles decided Bill Cosby sexually assaulted a 16-year-old girl at the Playboy Mansion back in 1975. The 12-person jury also awarded the plaintiff, Judy Huth, now 64, $500,000 in damages.
• Law & Crime: Arizona House Speaker Rusty Bowers (R) testified during today’s January 6 hearing that Rudy Giuliani asked him to replace Arizona’s electors from Joe Biden’s victory with illegitimate pro-Trump electors. As Bowers recalls, Giuliani said: “We’ve got lots of theories; we just don’t have the evidence.”
Arizona House Speaker Rusty Bowers (R) testifies that Rudy Giuliani told him, “We have lots of theories we just don’t have the evidence” of election fraud.
“I don’t know if that was a gaffe … Afterwards we kinda laughed about it.” pic.twitter.com/Aub4GVX44d
— The Recount (@therecount) June 21, 2022