Some news items you might have missed:
• HuffPost: The FDA says it is working “as quickly as possible” to grant full approval for the COVID-19 vaccines. Full approval will hinge on several months of additional data.
• Insider: CNN anchor Brianna Keilar shaded British journalist Piers Morgan for his ignorant comments attacking Simone Biles following her withdrawal from two events at the Tokyo Olympics.
People who criticize US gymnast Simone Biles for withdrawing from two Olympic events due to mental health concerns “are witnessing strength, even as they condemn it as weakness,” @brikeilarcnn says on today’s #RollTheTape.
Know there is help. Please call 1-800-273-TALK pic.twitter.com/OZ7FWefJRU
— New Day (@NewDay) July 28, 2021
• New York Times: According to new documents provided to lawmakers, Donald J. Trump pressed top Justice Department officials late last year to declare that the election was corrupt even though they had found no instances of widespread fraud. “Just say that the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me.”
• Reuters: Australia will have to vaccinate 80% of its adults against COVID-19 before it can consider reopening its border, Prime Minister Scott Morrison said on Friday as he announced a four-stage plan to greater freedom.
— Reuters (@Reuters) July 30, 2021
• The Advocate: Florida-based Coral Ridge Ministries has once again lost its challenge to its designation as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center. The ruling from the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals was unanimous.