|Diego Lozano of Spain|
Some news items you might have missed:
• In case you ever wonder why folks like to visit Madrid, Spain… Meet InstaHunk Diego Lozano 🙂
• Lady Gaga called out Vice President Mike Pence during her Las Vegas concert this weekend: “Mike Pence, who thinks it’s acceptable that his wife works at a school that bans LGBTQ — you’re wrong … You say we should not discriminate against Christianity. You are the worst representation of what it means to be a Christian.”
• There was some serious lip-lock action on the premiere of The CW’s new reboot of Roswell last week.
The series follows three young aliens who live in secret in a small New Mexico town. It turns out one, Michael (played by Michael Vlamis) is bisexual, and got down smooching his former bf, Alex (Tyler Blackburn) at the end of the episode.
— Roswell, New Mexico (@CWRoswellNM) January 16, 2019
• The new book, Team of Vipers, by former Trump aide Cliff Sims looks to be quite the read. It’s been described as, “Not a sycophantic portrayal of the president nor a blistering account written to settle scores.”
• Bloomberg: The U.K. Labour Party is calling for a vote in Parliament that could pave the way to a second referendum, raising the possibility that Brexit could be reversed.
• Variety: The CW has released the first look at transgender actress Nicole Maines, playing a superhero named “Dreamer” on the January 27 episode of DC Comic’s Supergirl.
Maines plays the first ever transgender superhero on television in an episode that explores the source of Dreamer’s powers. Maines will appear again in a later episode airing Feb. 17.