Some news items you might have missed:
• The Advocate: Masterpiece Cakeshop owner Jack Phillips is being sued (again) after refusing to bake a birthday cake for a transgender woman.
• Washington Examiner: Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine (R) announced Thursday that Ohio will begin to reopen some of its businesses on May 1. The governor has a stay-at-home order in place until May 1 and opted not to extend it as he begins to roll out his plan for relaxing some of the social distancing guidelines.
• Gallup Polling: As Donald Trump works to contain the damage from the novel coronavirus outbreak in the U.S., the rally in support he enjoyed as the nation entered a virtual lockdown has faded. His job approval rating, now 43%, has slipped six percentage points since mid-March when he earned 49% approval, which tied his personal best.
• OUT: Illustrator Tommy Taylor has transformed Disney Princes into the quarantined gays we know and love.
• Newsweek: According to survey averages from Real Clear Politics, Biden is ahead of Trump in half a dozen states critical to the Electoral College map this November: Arizona, Florida, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.
• Twitter: I am not mad at Spain’s army uniforms for members of its elite La Legión, and neither is the internet.
Spain is deploying its army to help manage their coronavirus outbreak and not to be insensitive at an anxiety-inducing time but uh… I think I speak for all New Yorkers when I say, Spain, hi, can you deploy some of that in our direction? We will comply with your orders. pic.twitter.com/LyxIPsGu3g
— Jill Filipovic (@JillFilipovic) March 22, 2020
Thought you might like to see the errr. “detailing” on the back too! 😉 pic.twitter.com/Glw3VTrImx
— LeRoiEstMort (@Le_Roi_Est_Mort) March 23, 2020