Some news items you might have missed:
• NBC News: PrEP has become popular in the US with PrEP has become popular in the US with MSM (men who have sex with men) but mainly among those who are white. Compared to 207,397 white people recorded as using the medication in 2022, only 42,374 Black and 54,674 Latino people were taking PrEP.
• The Advocate: Jeff Molina, a 25-year-old UFC flyweight fighter, came out Friday as bisexual. He made the announcement after a leak of him and another man being intimate was leaked to social media.
— Jeff Molina (@jmolina_125) March 17, 2023
• BBC News: In 2018, the city of Milan began recognizing both individuals of same-sex couples as parents of children via surrogacy. But this week, Italy’s right-wing government ordered Milan’s city council to stop registering the children of same-sex parents leaving those children in legal limbo.
• Kenneth-in-the-212: Make sure to check out Kenneth’s weekly round-up of the what’s what in LGBTQ publications including American Idol’s David Hernandez covering the latest from GED Magazine.
• Politico: A financial disclosure form that now-Rep. George Santos was supposed to file in 2021 might have offered key insight into the embattled congressman’s finances at a pivotal point in his campaign except – he didn’t file it. The missing disclosure is part of an ethics complaint filed against Santos.
• JustJared: Nick Wilson, the winner of Survivor season 37 and a contestant for the ‘all-winners’ Season 40, is now a member of the Kentucky House of Representatives and he’s being called out for voting to pass the state’s hideous anti-trans and anti-gay legislation.
Survivor 41 contestant Ricard Foyé – a gay man married to a transgender man – tweeted this:
Who the fuck was that person I met? Honestly? If you’re accepting behind closed doors but your political career allows you to disregard the actual real life people in front of you… who the fuck are you? I don’t know this man who votes against trans & gay rights. I don’t.
— Ricard Foyé (@RicardFoye) March 17, 2023