Some news items you might have missed:
• OUT: Heartstopper star Kit Connor must be bulking up for an upcoming movie role. Check out his arms and abs in photos posted by trainer Nathaniel Massiah on Instagram.
• The Advocate: Police say the shooter who killed three children and three adults at a Nashville school on Monday was Audrey Hale, 28, a former student. Several outlets have reported that the shooter was transgender having recently transitioned and used “he/him” pronouns.
Authorities said that the shooter was a former student and had preplanned the attack. https://t.co/n1LLTRSTcL
— The Advocate (@TheAdvocateMag) March 28, 2023
• Variety: Nathan Lane says Robin Williams ‘protected’ him from being outed on ‘Oprah’ in 1996.
• Cleveland.com: The Community Church of Chesterland, which plans to host a Drag Story Hour next Saturday, said its sign and building were vandalized Friday night.
The group reported minimal damage was done, but the church’s sign was destroyed. https://t.co/bZO8B8L2qj has reached out to police on the investigation. https://t.co/GcQyQnxCA5
— clevelanddotcom (@clevelanddotcom) March 27, 2023
• Reuters: A newly fired Fox News producer is seeking to recant testimony she said network lawyers coerced her into providing as Fox defends against Dominion Voting Systems’ $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit.
• Washington Post: Rep. Andrew Ogles (R-Tenn.), who represents the Nashville district where the Covenant School is located, said Monday in a statement that he was “utterly heartbroken” by the mass shooting that left six people dead, including three children.
THIS is last year's Christmas card from Tennessee Rep. Andy Ogles, a Republican who represents the district that Covenant School is in in Nashville. #tnleg pic.twitter.com/IpkLzZs5m5
— Shannon Watts (@shannonrwatts) March 27, 2023
• Twitter: Elon Musk announced today that only paid “blue check” accounts on Twitter will be promoted in the current “For You” feature. Musk also recently shared that everyone who wants a “blue check” will have to pay for it as of April – including those verified before the paid format was instituted.
Starting April 15th, only verified accounts will be eligible to be in For You recommendations.
The is the only realistic way to address advanced AI bot swarms taking over. It is otherwise a hopeless losing battle.
Voting in polls will require verification for same reason.
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) March 27, 2023