Some news stories you might have missed:
• LA Times: Taking a look at a gay cowboy convention in Mexico complete with traditional folk dances and crowning a cowboy king. #SaveAHorse
• Greg In Hollywood: Check out Greg’s round-up of the LGBTQ community paying tribute to music icon Tina Turner following her passing at the age of 83 yesterday.
• The Daily Beast: Rep. Glenn Grothman (R-WI) cried oppression on the House floor Thursday when he complained that President Joe Biden isn’t appointing enough straight “white guys” to be judges. Trust and believe, the federal judiciary is still, largely, white and male.
• Axios: More than two-thirds of Californians surveyed said they believe Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D) is no longer fit to serve and view her “current health situation as increasingly problematic,” according to a new poll.
• MSNBC: Just a day after declaring his candidacy for the Republican nomination for president, Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) went on the offensive against Donald Trump saying he “added almost $8 trillion in debt in just four years as president.” That is true, by the way…
DeSantis during a New Hampshire radio hit today attacked Trump for signed "bloated" budget bills and adding "almost $8 trillion in debt" while president pic.twitter.com/wstf1a51HM
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) May 25, 2023
• ClickOrlando: Oath Keeper Kelly Meggs was sentenced today to 12 years in federal prison for his actions at the violent January 6 insurrection. In text messages to his wife, he wrote, “I’m gonna go on a killing spree. Pelosi first.”
• Variety: The official trailer for the summer flick “Barbie” dropped today (3.4 million views in 8 hours). In the film, Margot Robbie’s “Barbie” and Ryan Gosling’s “Ken” leave BarbieLand to explore the real world, which is quite different from their pink-coded, plastic lifestyle.