Some news stories you might have missed:
• LGBTQ Nation: Recording superstar Lizzo has donated $50,000 to the Marsha P. Johnson Institute, an organization named after the transgender Stonewall veteran that protects and defends the human rights of black transgender people.
• Pink News: Presidential hopeful Robert F. Kennedy Jr, who is contesting the Democrat nomination for the 2024 US election, has claimed that children are being turned trans through chemical exposure, and poppers were the “real” cause of AIDS.
Unearthed: RFK Jr. pushed HIV/AIDS denialism, attributing AIDS not to HIV, but to a “gay lifestyle” and recreational drugs:
“There were people that were part of a gay lifestyle, they were burning the candle at both ends, …there were poppers on sale everywhere at the gay bars.” pic.twitter.com/BK2WXxjyg8
— PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 (@patriottakes) June 20, 2023
• Reuters: Weeks after Uganda enacted one of the most draconian anti-LGBTQ laws on Earth, Kenya could be poised to follow suit with a similar bill that punishes gay sex with prison or even death in some cases. Similar moves are also afoot in Tanzania and South Sudan.
• NBC News: A federal judge has struck down Florida’s ban on Medicaid coverage for gender-affirming care. In a scathing 54-page opinion overturning the ban, U.S. District Judge Robert Hinkle wrote, “Gender identity is real.”
A federal judge struck down Florida rules championed by Gov. DeSantis restricting Medicaid coverage for gender dysphoria treatments for potentially thousands of transgender people. https://t.co/pvasi6XoKd
— NBC News (@NBCNews) June 22, 2023
• Fox News: House Republicans have introduced resolutions to expunge Trump’s two impeachments. Their goal is to expunge what the lawmakers are calling “unconstitutional” impeachments and make it legally as if the articles “had never passed the full House of Representatives.”
• Back2Stonewall: A family in Washington State is seeking $20 million dollars from the Everett School District, alleging their son was relentlessly bullied and ruthlessly beaten, all because he is gay.
— Back2Stonewall.com – Will Kohler (@BACK2STONEWALL) June 22, 2023