Some news items you might have missed:
• The Advocate: Heartstopper star Kit Connor has opened up about coming out as bisexual last fall under pressure from fans. “I would say that I would have preferred to do it another way.”
• ESPN: United States women’s soccer star Megan Rapinoe announced Saturday that she will retire from professional soccer at the conclusion of the 2023 National Women’s Soccer League season.
— U.S. Women's National Soccer Team (@USWNT) July 8, 2023
• Back2Stonewall: A Florida judge has ruled that a gay men’s “clothing-optional” resort in Key West should not be allowed to restrict women from staying there or accessing all areas of the resort where guests typically disrobe.
• JoeMyGod: Days after the Supreme Court’s ruling that businesses can deny same-sex wedding services, a new survey found 65% of voters believe businesses should not be allowed to turn away customers who are of a particular sexual orientation because of the business owner’s personal beliefs.
• TikTok: A woman became verbally abusive towards two women on a train in Connecticut to the point that other passengers called the hater out. Ultimately, a heroic train conductor informed the hater she will never ride on his train again.