Judge Delays Sentencing In Trump Business Fraud Case

The judge overseeing Donald Trump’s criminal fraud case in New York has delayed a sentencing (again) regarding the Donald’s 34 felony convictions in light of his recent election victory.

From NBC News:

Trump’s team wants the case dismissed, and the prosecution says it needs time to evaluate next steps now that Trump has been elected for a second term. The court has granted them a week’s delay to provide their position, the clerk informed both sides in a court filing.

In a letter to Judge Juan Merchan, prosecutors said they agreed with Trump’s request for a stay to consider how to proceed given his new status as president-elect.

Merchan’s clerk said the joint request for a stay had been granted, and ordered prosecutors from Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s office to state their position by 10 a.m. on the 19th.

Trump had been tentatively scheduled to be sentenced on Nov. 26, but that date is now stayed for the time being, and it’s unclear when or if the judge would proceed with the sentencing.

As I’ve previously reported, Trump was convicted in May on 34 felony counts of business fraud related to hush money payments made to adult film actress Stormy Daniels.


Discover more from The Randy Report

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Share via
Copy link