Some news items you might have missed:
• Bloomberg News: Grindr, the dating app that specializes in connections for the LGBTQ+ community, has agreed to go public through a blank-check firm in a deal that values the combined company at $2.1 billion.
• The Advocate: And speaking of Grindr – Police in the Spanish town of Irun in the Basque Country have arrested a man suspected of killing at least four men he met on the gay dating app. This isn’t the first time the app has been used to target crime victims.
Police in the Spanish town of Irun in the Basque Country have arrested a man suspected of killing at least four men he met on the gay dating app Grindr. https://t.co/pMbt24bYdx
— The Advocate (@TheAdvocateMag) May 10, 2022
• The Gaily Grind: To celebrate Pride Month this year, Target has released two new collaborations featuring accessible, gender-affirming products from two queer-owned companies.
• JoeMyGod: Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) reportedly spent over $92,000 of donor campaign contributions (primarily from senior citizens) for a fully tricked-out 2022 GMC Yukon XL SUV. And the purchase is legal.
$92,000 of the money Marge Greene raised from senior citizens and small donors from across the country to drain the swamp went to a luxury SUV for her? That thing must have a Space Laser on it or something. https://t.co/52JSaUa4fR
— Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦 (@RonFilipkowski) May 10, 2022
• Instinct Magazine: Jesse Williams (Grey’s Anatomy) was just nominated for a Tony Award for his performance in the Broadway revival of Take Me Out. Due to a nude shower scene, folks are asked to check their phones as they enter the theater, but one stealth theatergoer recently snagged some shots of Williams in all his glory. #ThisWillSellTickets
• Media Matters: Fox News talking head Tucker Carlson exulted in New York Gov. Kathy Hochul testing positive for COVID-19. “Now she’s got the ‘rona. It looks like her stupid little cult religion didn’t work.” What he doesn’t mention is the governor is asymptomatic – thanks to the vaccines.
Carlson did a news hit mocking “thrice-vaccinated Hochul” for testing positive for Covid, and read part of her statement announcing as much — but he conveniently omitted the part of it where Hochul announced she’s asymptomatic. A dangerous lie by omission. pic.twitter.com/cWik2APOqD
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) May 10, 2022