Some news items you might have missed:
• Reuters: Nearly two-thirds of Japanese believe same-sex marriage should be legally recognized, according to a new survey. Japan is the only country among the Group of Seven nations which does not legally recognize same-sex unions.
Most Japanese favour recognising same-sex marriage – survey https://t.co/6ya1Qu3EDl pic.twitter.com/1In1juyc6m
— Reuters (@Reuters) February 13, 2023
• Hollywood Reporter: GLAAD called out the ‘minimal’ LGBTQ inclusion in this year’s Super Bowl commercials.
GLAAD Calls Out "Minimal" LGBTQ Inclusion Among Super Bowl Ads https://t.co/eqhwjcRCu7
— The Hollywood Reporter (@THR) February 14, 2023
• Macon Telegraph: A pastor in Georgia has been sentenced to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty to child molestation, statutory rape and other charges related to an incident in which he offered a girl in her early teens a ride home from a sporting event as part of ruse to sexually assault her.
• Tampa Bay Times: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is weighing a ban on all College Board Advanced Placement high school courses in his state after rejecting a Black Studies course that had a bit of queer theory. Note: Credits in AP courses play a big part in being accepted at many colleges.
How can he get away with everything he is doing?
DeSantis hints at doing away with Advanced Placement courses in Florida https://t.co/wEZlLEqJmy
— Julie (@Julielikeitis) February 13, 2023
• ABC News: A five-judge panel in a New York appeals court ruled unanimously against Fox News, host Maria Bartiromo and former host Lou Dobbs in their bid to shut down a multibillion-dollar defamation lawsuit accusing the network of spreading lies that a voting-technology company helped “steal” the 2020 election.
• Friendly Atheist: Christian hate-preacher Duncan Urbanek of Pure Words Baptist Church in Houston, Texas told his congregation that he prays for gay people to “have a slow, painful death.”
Christian hate-preacher Duncan Urbanek explained how he prays for gay people:
"I don't care which way you do it, Lord. Just kill ‘em right now. Break their teeth in their mouth. Let ‘em have a slow, painful death."
My article (with a transcript): https://t.co/m1VXIopBJq pic.twitter.com/SEDiBNXrHT
— Hemant Mehta (@hemantmehta) February 9, 2023