Some news items you might have missed:
• Instinct Magazine: Peruvian chef Franco Noriega has scored his own Food Network show titled, “Hot Dish With Franco,” premiering September 30.
• Boy Culture: Back in 1989, Madonna shot a snazzy commercial for Pepsi tied into the release of her then-upcoming single, “Like A Virgin.” But controversy ensued, and Pepsi didn’t release the ad spot – until now.
• Pink News: The new documentary Lil Nas X: Long Live Montero, which premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival on Saturday, reveals how Lil Nas X helped his brother come out as bisexual and ‘be real with “himself.”
• Business Insider: Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-AL), a former football coach who’s never served in the military, continues his single-handed blocking of hundreds of military promotions calling out so-called “wokeness” in the US Navy, pointing to sailors reading and writing poetry. Actually, the art form has a long history for sailors, dating back to before 1926.
The lawful ways in which our sailors relieve stress is none of Coach Grifter’s business. Our navy is 2nd to none. Maybe that’s what worries him: ‘Sen. Tommy Tuberville Says He’s Worried About Sailors Reciting Poetry On Ships’ – @YahooNews https://t.co/O5jbVigrNF Psalm 119:158 ✝️
— Apollyon | Apocalypse 9:11 ✝ (@JesusInSpirit) September 7, 2023
• Survey: New research has found that gay/bisexual men in their later years are living their best (sex) lives, with multiple partners into their 70s. For example – 17% of gay/bisexual respondents over the age of 70 reported more than one sexual partner in the previous 3 weeks, while only 2% of straight people over 70 reported multiple partners.
• JoeMyGod: Colorado’s Secretary of State says she supports a lawsuit that would keep Donald Trump off the ballot in her state due to his incitement of the insurrection on January 6, 2021, thanks to the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.
Donald Trump incited the insurrection and tried to steal the 2020 election from the American people. A lawsuit was filed to ask a court to determine whether these actions make Trump ineligible to run for office under the 14th Amendment. pic.twitter.com/KaTyPHfpgw
— Jena Griswold (@JenaGriswold) September 8, 2023