Some news items you might have missed:
• WFTV: After Florida’s ‘don’t say gay’ law took effect Monday, teachers reported being discouraged from putting pictures of their same-sex spouse on their desk, teachers and staff members will be disallowed from wearing rainbow articles of clothing, and “Safe Space” stickers aimed at LGBTQ students may have to be removed from doors.
"teachers and staff members will be disallowed from wearing rainbow articles of clothing, including lanyards distributed by the district last year… teachers reported being discouraged from putting pictures of their same-sex spouse on their desk"https://t.co/rGqqNeeKQn
— Christian Vanderbrouk 🇺🇸🇺🇦🌻 (@UrbanAchievr) June 29, 2022
• The Advocate: Illinois may get its first out member of Congress this year now that Eric Sorensen, a gay man and veteran weatherman, has won the Democratic nomination in the 17th Congressional District which leans Democrat.
• New York Daily News: Disgraced R&B singer R. Kelly, convicted last September of nine racketeering counts for a decades-long sex abuse scheme targeting young female fans, some of whom were minors, as well as boys, was sentenced Wednesday to 30 years in prison.
R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in prison
The disgraced R&B singer was convicted of nine racketeering counts for decades-long sex abuse scheme targeting young female fans, some of whom were minors, as well as boys.https://t.co/Xx4rzx8tJk
— New York Daily News (@NYDailyNews) June 29, 2022
• Pink News: Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said he is willing to defend his state’s ban on sodomy if the Supreme Court allows a challenge to its landmark ruling on same-sex sexual intimacy. And so it begins…
• Twitter: At the big Arizona Republican event tonight with Kari Lake, Mark Finchem, Wendy Rogers and a host of Trump-endorsed candidates, they started off with the ‘Pledge of Allegiance,’ but the ‘patriot’ leading it unfortunately didn’t know the words…
Patriot doesn’t know the words?
“I pledge allegiance to the United States, the United States of America, to the republic which it stands, one nation under God, in the beautiful, with liberty to the shish for all.” https://t.co/9NeMNhok8H
— The Randy Report 🇺🇸 🏳️🌈🇺🇦 (@randyslovacek) June 29, 2022