Did El Salvador Refuse White House Request To Return Deported Migrant?

The Trump administration reportedly sent a request to the government of El Salvador inquiring about the release of Kilmar Abrego Garcia, who was wrongfully deported there last month. But everyone isn’t so sure how sincere the U.S. request actually was.

NYT: El Salvador Is Said to Have Spurned U.S. Request for Return of Deported Migrant

www.nytimes.com/2025/04/30/u… [image or embed] — Mike Walker (@newnarrative.bsky.social) April 30, 2025 at 11:30 AM

From the New York Times:

The Trump administration recently sent a diplomatic note to officials in El Salvador to inquire about releasing a Salvadoran immigrant whom government officials have been ordered by the Supreme Court to help free, according to three people with knowledge of the matter.

But the authoritarian government of Nayib Bukele, the leader of El Salvador, said no, two of the people said. The Bukele administration claimed the man should stay in El Salvador because he was a Salvadoran citizen.

It remained unclear whether the diplomatic effort was a genuine bid by the White House to address the plight of the immigrant, Kilmar Armando Abrego Garcia.

Some legal experts suggested that the sequence of events could have been an attempt at window dressing by officials seeking to give the appearance of being in compliance with the recent Supreme Court ruling ordering the White House to “facilitate” Mr. Abrego Garcia’s release.

[image or embed] — JoeMyGod (@joemygod.bsky.social) April 30, 2025 at 11:35 AM

During an interview with ABC News’ Terry Moran, Trump admitted he could pick up the phone and ask for Abrego Garcia’s return, but he’s not. That infamous photoshopped image of “MS13” on Ábrego García’s knuckles also came up with Trump tripling down that the faked photo was real. This did not go well for the Donald. And god bless Terry Moran for being so composed.


Discover more from The Randy Report

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Share via
Copy link