Some news items you might have missed:
• JoeMyGod: WNBA star Brittney Griner is officially back with the Phoenix Mercury after signing a one-year, $165,100 deal to return to the court after her 10-month imprisonment in Russia.
• New York Times: Ethics watchdogs in the House of Representatives have been asked to look into whether out Republican serial liar Rep. George Santos’ seven-year marriage to a woman was a scheme to aid a Brazilian woman’s hunt for U.S. citizenship.
A letter to ethics watchdogs in the House of Representatives questioned if Rep. George Santos’s seven-year marriage was a scheme to aid a woman’s immigration bid. https://t.co/KCT2Qf3Kwp
— The New York Times (@nytimes) February 16, 2023
• Virginia Mercury: Republicans in Virginia’s House of Delegates blocked a proposal to repeal Virginia’s antiquated constitutional ban on same-sex marriage even after any language overtly backing LGBTQ equality was stripped out. If the Supreme Court reverses on marriage equality, every state’s anti-gay marriage laws kick back into force.
• Twitter: It looks like Donald Trump is getting more and more anxious about Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis jumping into the 2024 presidential race. He took to his Truth Social account to call DeSantis a RINO who wants to take Social Security and Medicare away.
Trump launches another attack on Desantis. pic.twitter.com/upFQYMcg2g
— Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦 (@RonFilipkowski) February 19, 2023
• Instagram: Ricky Martin’s 14-year-old son, Valentino, has a mustache! The international pop star/dad shared a pic of his son with the caption, “Baby no more.”
• Twitter: The season 13 premiere of the Real Housewives of New Jersey, featured the ladies’ husbands and/or boy friends throwing down a shirtless calendar shoot for charity. Check out Mr. July, Joey Gorga. (p.s. the calendar sold out pretty quickly)
Joe Gorga for July. #RHONJ pic.twitter.com/FLx5XOzFtT
— OMFGRealityTV (@OMFGRealityTV) February 8, 2023