Yesterday, I reported that the man who had filed a sexual assault lawsuit against American Conservative Union chairman Matt Schlapp had dropped the case, saying it was “a complete misunderstanding.” In my post, I noted that the man, Carlton Huffman, made a point of saying, “Neither the Schlapps nor the ACU paid me anything to dismiss my claims against them.” That seemed to leave the door open for a third party to have possibly paid Huffman to be quiet. It looks like I was right. https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1773145757937258934 From CNN:
The $480,000 settlement was paid to Carlton Huffman through an insurance policy, according to a source familiar with the details. Schlapp’s legal team did not respond for comment when asked about the financial settlement, but on Tuesday said that Huffman dropped the lawsuit and Schlapp claimed he had been exonerated.
Multiple sources familiar with the allegations and legal proceedings told CNN that Huffman did, in fact, receive a financial settlement via an insurance company.
When reached for comment, Huffman told CNN, “I am only legally allowed to say five words, and that is ‘We have resolved our differences.’ Those are the only five words that I’m legally allowed to say.”
Back in 2022, Huffman was working for Republican Herschel Walker’s Senate campaign. Huffman alleged that Schlapp made unwanted sexual advances, including groping and fondling his groin without consent, while accompanying him around Atlanta. Schlapp also allegedly invited Huffman to join him in his hotel room, which Huffman said he had declined. Hours later he said he told senior campaign staff about the incidents. It looks like Schlapp’s “victory dance” social media posts yesterday, claiming he was exonerated and that Huffman had “apologized” breached the settlement. https://twitter.com/SollenbergerRC/status/1773139016440758555 https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1773150022625899002
Discover more from The Randy Report
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
