![]() |
| New Zealand’s Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern |
From the New York Times:
Forty-nine people were killed in shootings at two mosques in central Christchurch, New Zealand, on Friday, in a terrorist attack that Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern described as “an extraordinary and unprecedented act of violence.”
• Officials said that one man in his late 20s had been charged with murder, and that two explosive devices were found attached to a vehicle that they had stopped.
• A Muslim leader in New Zealand said the attack was especially shocking as it took place around Friday Prayer. The police urged people to stay away from the mosques until further notice.
• A gunman streamed a live video of the attack on Facebook, and he appeared to have posted a manifesto online.
“You may have chosen us — but we utterly reject and condemn you.”New Zealand’s Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern condemned the perpetrators of the terrorist attack in Christchurch, which killed at least 49 people. https://t.co/xkAf3rlO3d pic.twitter.com/hOVwYTlsMU
— CNN International (@cnni) March 15, 2019
Discover more from The Randy Report
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
