Some news items you might have missed:
• New York Times: A 6-year-old first-grader at an elementary school in Newport News, Va., shot a teacher on Friday afternoon during an altercation in a classroom leaving her with “life-threatening” injuries and renewing calls for greater gun restrictions.
• Washington Times: Admitted liar Rep.-elect George Santos hasn’t been sworn in yet as a freshman congressman, but prominent GOP leaders in New York are already mulling potential replacements in hopes he can be forced to resign.
Rep.-elect George Santos hasn't been sworn in yet as a freshman congressman but prominent GOP leaders in New York are already mulling potential replacements in hopes he can be forced to resign. https://t.co/G2TQ8DRgzv
— The Washington Times (@WashTimes) January 6, 2023
• OUT: Check out the winners of the 2023 GayVN Awards (which honors the year’s best in gay adult entertainment) held here in Las Vegas last night.
• CNN: The estate of Brian Sicknick, a Capitol Police officer who died after responding to the January 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol, is suing two rioters involved in the attack and former President Donald Trump for his alleged role in egging it on.
• Irish Mirror: Ireland’s Integration Minister says he’s committed to developing a plan to ban the harmful practice of so-called ‘conversion therapy’ in the next year.
Ireland set to ban conversion therapy as Minister Roderic O’Gorman hits out at 'cruel process'https://t.co/3K3PshmmdT
— Irish Daily Mirror (@IrishMirror) January 3, 2023