Trump Admin Will Make Partial Payments To SNAP Recipients

The Trump administration has announced it will partially fund the food stamps program known as SNAP in November after two separate judges ordered the administration to do so.

The USDA, which oversees the program, had previously said SNAP benefits would not go out in November due to the shutdown of the federal government.

BREAKING: The Trump administration says SNAP will be partially funded after judges’ rulings required the food aid program to continue.

[image or embed]

— The Associated Press (@apnews.com) November 3, 2025 at 9:20 AM

From AP News:

The U.S. Department of Agriculture, which oversees the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, had planned to freeze payments starting Nov. 1 because it said it could no longer keep funding it during the federal government shutdown.

The program serves about 1 in 8 Americans and is a major piece of the nation’s social safety net. It costs more than $8 billion per month nationally.

The government says an emergency fund it will use has $4.65 billion — enough to cover about half the normal benefits.

Federal judges in Massachusetts and Rhode Island ruled separately but similarly Friday, telling the government that it was required to use one emergency fund to pay for the program, at least in part.

They gave the government the option to use additional money to fully fund the program and a deadline of Monday to decide.

No word yet on how much folks on SNAP will get or how quickly the Trump administration can get these funds applied to the debit cards issued to SNAP recipients.


Discover more from The Randy Report

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Share via
Copy link