Kayleigh McEnany To Press: ‘I Don’t Call On Activists’

Kayleigh McEnany (screen capture)
Wow. When was ‘responding like a brat’ added to the job description of White House press secretary? Holding her first press briefing since October 2 today, Kayleigh McEnany took only a handful of questions before bringing the briefing to an end. When CNN’s Caitlin Collins asked why she wouldn’t take more questions McEnany sniped, “I don’t call on activists.” As McEnany exited the room, Collins responded, “That’s not doing your job. Your taxpayer-funded job.” Collins followed up her initial tweet writing, “It’s understandable why someone who hasn’t done their job — taking questions from reporters — in weeks would confuse someone else doing theirs with activism.” McEnany also told the press corps today, regarding Trump’s fighting the results of the election that “it’s worth remembering, [Trump] was never given an orderly transition of power …” Actually, President Obama hosted Trump at the White House two days after the election. It’s worth noting that McEnany has recently been acting as White House press secretary AND the spokesperson for Donald Trump’s reelection campaign which is highly unusual.

Outgoing Gawker Editor Charges Pricey Lunch On His Way Out The Door

On his way out the door, after resigning as executive editor at Gawker, Tommy Craggs posted a pic to Instagram showing the receipt for a pricey lunch charged to his Gawkers’ expense account.

The photo, which clearly displayed an American Express credit card with Craggs’ name and Gawker Media LLC, showed a charge of $546.85 check at Balthazar, a New York restaurant. The payment included a $150 tip.

Craggs and Gawker editor-in-chief Max Read announced Monday that they were resigning from the company after an article about a failed gay rendezvous by a Condé Nast media executive was removed from the site. The removal last week followed major backlash throughout media circles.

Because nothing says journalistic integrity like sticking it your former employer like this.

The article ordered removed by the founder of Gawker outed a closeted executive who had been the target of a blackmail attempt.

Dallas talk show host Amy Kushnir heads to FOX News to explain storming off set

According to KVIL, Amy Kushnir – co-host of local morning show “The Broadcast” who stormed off the set over the “Michael Sam draft kiss” – will be appearing on Megyn Kelly on FOX News tonight to explain her comments as she feels very misunderstood.

Amy Kushnir will not appear on today’s airing of The Broadcast as she is not in the city. She’s actually on her way to New York to appear on Fox News to address her comments in front of a national audience.

Steve Kemble has been in touch with Kushnir and producers of The Broadcast since yesterday to confirm the news and bring us the exclusive! He says, Amy is hurting right now. She feels her comments were very misunderstood, and she is looking forward to explaining them further in hopes that people will better understand her viewpoint.

On yesterday’s episode of The Broadcast, Kushnir offered an emotional explanation for her abrupt exit:

I feel personally that I was not able to express my opinions appropriately without bein’ interrupted. I felt like I was bein’ painted to be something that I personally was not.

Everybody that knows me knows that I love everybody, and I’m a deeply lovin’ person, and I get choked up because I truly love deeply.

So with that bein’ said, I felt like I had no choice but to get up, push myself out of the situation because we were goin’ nowhere, as you probably saw, and we have a term around here that we say: we’re goin’ to Midland. And what that means, actually Suzie started this trend, and what that means is we’re going to excuse ourself from the conversation…politely. And that’s what I did. I just decided it was time to go to Midland. And I went to Midland, and I’m back and I’m a happy camper, and I’m ready to move on.