Catching up on some of the day’s headlines:
• Instagram: Zac Efron celebrated the new year by sharing a shirtless thirst trap featuring the muscular Efron in a watery oasis. In 2021, the Baywatch actor picked up a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Host for a Daytime Program for his Netflix series “Down To Earth with Zac Efron.” He’s currently filming Season 2 of the docu-series.
• The Advocate: The U.K. has announced that more people will be able to receive a pardon for now-defunct criminal convictions related to consensual same-sex sexual relations.
• JoeMyGod: Staunch anti-vaxxer Candace Owens responded defensively to reports she recently attended an event at Madison Square Garden, which requires proof of vaccination to enter. Owens mocked the questions – “I am not getting this vaccine. Ever!” But – did she provide a fake vax card?
— JoeMyGod (@JoeMyGod) January 5, 2022
• The Daily Beast: Far-right podcast host Douglas Kuzma, an outspoken critic of the COVID-19 vaccine, has died while battling the coronavirus, which he contracted after attending a QAnon-friendly gathering in Texas.
• AP News: Just two weeks before it was to be held in Park City, Utah, the Sundance Film Festival is canceling its in-person festival and reverting to an entirely virtual edition due to the current coronavirus surge.
• Twitter: Former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham, speaking to CNN, after talking to Jan. 6 committee, says Trump was “gleefully” watching the Capitol attack from the WH dining room, hitting rewind and saying: “Look at all those people fighting for me.”
She is cooperating with the @January6thCmte.
— Bad Fox Graphics (@BadFoxGraphics) January 6, 2022