• InstaHunks: Hunky fitness model Nick Sandell is ‘catching some rays’ in my native Texas.
• FreeMovement: An immigration judge in the UK has rejected an asylum seeker because the man did not have a gay “demeanor” and did not “look around the room in an effeminate manner.” I kid you not.
• NY Times: The official cause of death for accused sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein was suicide by hanging according to the coroner’s autopsy. The report indicates he tied a bedsheet to the top of a set of bunk beds, then knelt toward the floor with enough force that he broke several bones in his neck.
• Boy Culture: Serious props to Adam Price for this romantic oceanside marriage proposal to his bf, former X Factor contestant Naisa Lasalosi.
• Deseret News: Ed Smart, the father of kidnapping survivor Elizabeth Smart, shared in a Facebook message with family and friends Thursday that he is gay, divorcing his wife and doesn’t see a place for himself in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
• OUT: Disney has announced the leads for its upcoming spin-off of the successful coming-out film, Love, Simon, and neither of the two lead actors are openly gay.
“The most important thing in the world is the love we have for those around us, the love others offer us and the love we have for ourselves,” says Mika about the track. “That love can feel so massive and yet at the same time it’s so tiny and imperceivable to others. This song is a conscious decision to provoke that emotion.”
Musically, I like the track – fun melody and the production is rich and sophisticated.
But, every now and then, this happens: I like the song, but in this instance, the music video gets in the way for me. I’m just not vibing with the video.
That said, it’s a fun track. Let me know what you think in the comments.
• Los Angeles books the 2028 Summer Olympic Games! Traffic jam, anybody?
• President Trump’s favorite polling outfit, Rasmussen Reports, shows President Donald Trump‘s approval rating plummeting to 39%, the first time the right-leaning poll has reported the Trumpster dropping below 40%.
• Sheriff Joe Arpaio has been found guilty of criminal contempt for willfully violating a federal judge’s order to stop racial profiling.
• In case you can’t keep track, here’s a list of the folks who’ve come and gone in the first six months of the Trump administration.
• It’s the beginning of a new week, so how about something to put some pop in your bop? Charli XCX keeps busy dreaming about “Boys” in her new video of the same name which features musicians as eye-candy like Joe Jonas, Charlie Puth, Olympian Tom Daley and YouTube star Connor Franta. #HappyMonday!
• Fitness model (and Randy Report favorite) Nick Sandell shares the news he’s been signed by the legendary Wilhelmina Agency. Gee, can’t imagine why… 😉
• Education Secretary Betsy DeVos won’t commit to banning LGBTQ discrimination in private schools. Is anyone surprised? Show of hands? No? No? Me neither.
• As lawmakers in the Lone Star state continue to consider an anti-trans “bathroom bill,” Texas-based Southwest Airlines gives some push-back by highlighting a transgender employee in new Pride Month video.
• Debra Messing & Sean Hayes together with GLAAD urge folks to join in the upcoming June 11th Pride Marches:
• Speaking of this weekend’s Pride Marches, the organizers of D.C.’s annual Capital Pride parade and festival, plus the Equality March for Unity and Pride on Sunday, say the total number of people participating in D.C. could exceed several hundred thousand.
• Capturing the rebelliousness, the high camp, and the joy of the annual Invasion of the Pines, renowned photographer Susan Kravitz is releasing Mascara, Mirth & Mayhem, a collection of photos and interviews from over 30 years of the annual Fire Island event.
• Wing-nut commentator Alex Jones says National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster’s bald head means he’s a “leather daddy” who looks like “he could suck a golf ball through a garden hose.” Homophobic much?
• The United States has denied visas to gay Chechen men who are trying to flee the country in light of the torture and murders of gays in the Russian country.
• Attorney General Jeff Sessions issued a surprising statement underlining the Justice Department’s commitment to prosecuting bias-related crimes against transgender individuals. Sessions has had a worrisome history when it comes to LGBT rights and protections.
• Jimmy Kimmel Live takes a cue from School House Rock to musically explain how truth, or the lack of it, works in today’s White House:
• Fitness model/hottie Nick Sandell (above) is looking forward to Friday, too. Happy Hump Day!
• The wife of Omar Mateen, the shooter in the Pulse Nightclub massacre, has pled not guilty to aiding and abetting her husband in the deadly attack. The judge set a trial date of June 5th – one week before the 1st anniversary of the mass shooting.
• Is Steve Bannon on the way out of the White House? President Trump begins a sentence with, “I like Steve, but…”
• Shortly after Donald Trump’s inauguration, the Washington Post adopted a new slogan – “Democracy dies in darkness.” Today, journalist Michael Wolff told White House counselor Kellyanne Conway that “when they say ‘democracy dies in darkness,’ you’re the darkness.” She wasn’t too appreciative of the sentiment. Watch below.
Michael Wolff tells Kellyanne Conway: “When they say democracy dies in darkness, you’re the darkness.” https://t.co/lScxpthUZt