• BrandedInThe80s: I have no idea what “action pants” are. The above image is apparently photoshopped, but Chuck Norris did reportedly front a line of stretch jeans back in the 80s.
• Kenneth-in-the-212: Hit the link to check out Kenneth’s weekly round-up of the what’s what in LGBTQ publications like the latest issue of DNA Magazine featuring cover guy Airon Mallars.
• Edge Media: A new poll from Gallup shows that 66 percent of people favor allowing openly transgender people to serve in the military. However, 62 percent of Americans say trans athletes should only be allowed to play on sports teams that correspond with the sex they were assigned at birth.
• The Advocate: Internet sensation and renaissance man Leslie Jordan made his debut at the Grand Ole Opry last weekend sporting a custom-made electric blue suit with fringe and hand embroidery. The appearance was in support of his gospel album Company’s Comin’. Said Jordan, “I grew up in the shadow of the Grand Ole Opry. So you know, it’s like a mecca to me. To be invited and to get to do three songs, it’s a big deal.”
• OUT: In a video clip that went viral, a 13-year-old trans teen was viciously attacked in the hallway of her middle school in South Florida by a bully. Equally disturbing, other students circled around the teen laughing and kicking at her while she struggled to stand up. The school and police say they are investigating, but a week later no disciplinary action has been announced.
• JoeMyGod: The last on-air liberal has left Fox News as former DNC chair Donna Brazile and Juan Williams of “The Five” have both departed the right-leaning network. The New York Timesreports that “Fox News has adapted to the post-Trump era by moving in a single direction: Trumpward.”
• Pink News: A furious ‘Karen’ demanded to speak to the manager of the entire airport and got the response she deserves. The woman went from “I’m a women in a dress” to “You F’off” in a nano second.
Notice how she went from “helpless victim” to straight up about to charge at a guy in 0 seconds flat
Because I noticed that, those tears dried up pretty quick when the facts came out
• Instinct Magazine: The show runners for the Hulu series Love, Victor starring Michael Cimino (above) say the second season (arriving June 11) will age up a bit in terms of content with an ‘edgier’ sense of humor.
• New York Times: The iconic Village Voice is back on news stands for the first time since its shutdown in 2018.
• KVUE: Lake Travis ISD School Board candidate Kara Bell (photo) was given an assault citation last week after a confrontation with a store employee at Nordstrom Rack when Bell refused to put on a mask upon entry of the store. As you can see in the police body cam video, Bell refused to ID herself even though she was being detained announcing, “”I am a Christian woman of God.”
• Kenneth-in-the-212: In his new feature, Kenneth puts the focus on ‘man-spreaders’ and their ‘spread.’
• Washington Post: Capitol Police officer Brian D. Sicknick suffered two strokes and died of natural causes a day after he confronted rioters at the Jan. 6 insurrection, the District’s chief medical examiner has ruled. The ruling, released Monday, likely will make it difficult for prosecutors to pursue homicide charges in the officer’s death.
Capitol Police officer Brian D. Sicknick, who engaged rioters, suffered two strokes and died of natural causes, officials say https://t.co/jgJ3VdcmLY
• CBS News: The jury has begun deliberations following closing arguments in the trial of Derek Chauvin, the fired Minneapolis police officer charged in George Floyd’s death. Chauvin is charged with second-degree murder, third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter.
• CNN: The Army is preparing to approve a request for DC National Guard forces to deploy as soon as Monday night if there is unrest in the wake of the verdict in the Derek Chauvin trial.
• MSN: A suspected poacher was trampled to death by a herd of elephants in South Africa’s Kruger National Park on Saturday. That’ll learn ’em.
After viewing this installment of ‘The Karen Chronicles,’ I sat back and wondered, as I often do with ‘Karens’ – “What is it these folks THINK they are accomplishing?”
Police in Brook Park, Ohio, were called to a Marc’s Deeper Discount Store as Karen (yes, her name really is Karen) was putting up a snit about having to wear a face mask while shopping in the store. The Ohio Department of Health COVID-19 pandemic guidelines currently require masks public.
As you’ll see, she really seems to think she’s going to prove some kind of a point, but instead was arrested for resisting police, trespassing, and failure to disclose information, according to cleveland.com.
Folks – for the last time, stores and restaurants have the right to refuse service to anyone if their rules aren’t followed. For years we’ve heard ‘no shoes, no shirt, no service’ due to health regulations. For now, we’re adding ‘no mask, no service.’
If a state or municipality has a public accommodations law/ordinance, that only requires that everyone be treated the same. If the ‘same’ means everyone wear a mask or leave, that’s being treated the ‘same.’
You can be removed (and arrested) for trespassing. No one has a constitutional right to shop at a grocery store.
GET OVER IT.
We’re all just trying to get through this pandemic as best we can.
Watch below as Miss Karen really puts on quite the performance.
The Smoking Gun describes these clips as “Florida woman gives Palm Beach Sheriff’s deputies an ‘advanced Karen Masterclass’ during anti-mask meltdown at Einstein Bros. Bagels in Boca Raton.”
This leopard print ‘Karen’ is registered Republican Cindy Falco DiCorrado, 61, of Boynton Beach.
While waiting for Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office deputies to arrive, DiCorrado declared, “I’m an American and I’m allowed to breathe. And it’s against my religion. And it’s against the amendment.”
As she referenced purported legal citations proving that it was illegal to require masks inside a private business, an onlooker asked her, “Shouldn’t you be storming the Capitol?”
As you’ll see in the second clip, after being handcuffed next to the police cruiser, DiCorrado began chanting, “In the name of Jesus. In the name of Jesus. I come against these principalities and powers…this abuse, this abuse.”
After demanding to know why she was arrested, the officer informed her that she had been trespassing. “You can’t trespass in a public business,” she shrieks.
Ultimately, DiCorrado was charged with trespassing and resisting arrest without violence and booked into the Palm Beach County jail. She was released the following day after posting a $2000 bond and ordered by a judge to stay away from Einstein Bros.
For the record, according to Broward County Mayor Steve Geller, even though local Florida governments have mandated mask use, you can’t be arrested for not wearing a mask.
BUT – a business owner can request people to leave for not following the rules, especially because a business can still be fined for not enforcing the mask mandate. The end result for noncompliance could be an arrest for trespassing.
There is NO constitutional right to buy a bagel in a store. As a spokesman for Einstein Bros. Bagels noted, those who don’t want to or can’t wear a face mask can pre-order their food and have it delivered curbside.
DiCorrado was arrested last May for trespassing and resisting at a West Palm Beach restaurant as part of a mask protest.
Registered Republican Cindy Falco DiCorrado, 61, of Boynton Beach, “was also arrested last May for trespassing and resisting at a West Palm Beach restaurant where two of her friends had been arrested a day earlier (apparently as part of a mask protest)” #BecauseFloridapic.twitter.com/UU6H9FjyFE
At a pro-police rally over the weekend in Vermont, a woman became unhinged when confronted by a group of Black Lives Matter counter-protesters at the Montpelier event.
“Black lives don’t matter at all to me! White lives matter!” she screamed at the camera. “You’ve had everything, free f*cking everything. Blacks have been coddled for years. Free college, free everything!”
“Free everything and it’s still not enough and never will be!” she added.
One of the Black Lives Matter protesters asked, “So you’re saying you’re a white supremacist? That’s what I’m hearing.”
“Black lives don’t f*cking matter to me,” was the white woman’s reply.
So much for the ‘All Lives Matter’ argument.
For the record, Black Americans don’t get ‘free college.’
And you might want to ask George Floyd about being ‘coddled.’
• InstaHunks: Dan Tai (above) is giving me life wearing his sexy swim shorts from Box Menswear. Dan’s post shares some very wise somethingsomethingsomething and then asks how many other people are in the photo? #OtherPeople?
• The Advocate: The past 12 months saw LGBTQ+ representation in elective office in the U.S. grow by 21 percent, with 843 known out officials as of June. The number of out officials is likely to grow even more over the next 12 months with more than 880 openly LGBTQ+ people currently running for office in 2020 — the most ever.
• U.S. Military: A study by the Palm Center shows Donald Trump’s ban on transgender military service members could realistically be reversed within a 30-day period. “All the ingredients are there for a virtually instant reversal.”
• The Lincoln Project: Major props to this anti-Trump group for their latest – a totally Seinfeld-inspired campaign ad. You’ve got to give it to these folks for style.
• Gaily Grind: Another day, another ‘Karen.’ A woman in Washington state walked into a pizza restaurant demanding they serve her when she refused to wear a face mask. ‘I have a right to my pizza!’ #srsly
• NBC News: Two data sets from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention published Tuesday say true COVID-19 rates are more than 10 times higher than reported cases in some U.S. regions. The estimates are based on COVID-19 antibody tests performed on routine blood samples in 16,000 people in 10 U.S. regions.
• Snoop Watch: My hubby Michael got tired of waiting for our new dog to freely offer up kisses, so he bribed the Snoop with peanut butter (top photo). Hit the play button below to see the craven bribery.
• Back2Stonewall: Out actor-comedian Billy Eichner is set to play TV icon Paul Lynde in the upcoming biopic Man in the Box. While Lynde never officially “out,” his sexuality was well-known in front of and behind the camera throughout a run on television beginning in the ’50s up until his death in 1982.
• KOMO: The cast and creators of the Emmy-nominated cult HBO classic The Comeback will reunite on July 21 as part of the Stars In the House daily live-streamed series. The show’s creator and star Lisa Kudrow will be on board to chat on the satirical reality show that followed one woman’s journey as a B-list sitcom actress trying to reclaim A-list status via reality TV. Hot hubby Michael and I loved the series – Kudrow was brilliant walking the fine line of reality/scripted TV.
• ABC News: Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell revealed Tuesday morning that Senate Republicans plan to support another round of stimulus checks to Americans in their next coronavirus relief proposal. This time around, however, Republicans would like to lower the income threshold to qualify. The cap on payments in the first CARES bill was $99,000.
• NPR: Teachers in Florida are suing the state to block an emergency order requiring schools to open next month with in-person instruction. They say, with the surge of coronavirus cases, the order violates a provision in Florida’s constitution requiring the state to ensure schools are operated safely.
• BroBible: A teen employee at a Lowe’s store in Washington, Kyle Sales, was forced to change his tee-shirt reading “Black Panther Wakanda Forever” after a ‘Karen’ complained the shirt was racist. After the exchange, Sales went home and put a jersey over his Black Panther movie shirt. The next day, ‘Karen’ returned demanding to know how Sales was punished.
• Boy Culture: Donald Trump, at his daily coronavirus presser, was asked about Ghislaine Maxwell — perhaps you’ve heard of her? The lady accused of running a child-sex ring for Jeffrey Epstein, who died on Trump’s watch? Yeah, he said — twice — “I wish her well.”
Trump coolly admits to having met Ghislaine Maxwell several times, and says — twice — “I wish her well.” Astounding. Video: pic.twitter.com/R8lwDfTKhR