Jeb Bush Attacks Donald Trump On Military Judgement

Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush goes after GOP front runner – HARD.

We’ll see if this has any effect on the race.

Via CNN:

The clip is the latest salvo in the Bush-Trump rivalry, which has often been marked by bitter and personal exchanges between the two prominent Republican presidential candidates. On Friday, Trump suggested Bush’s brother, former President George W. Bush, shared in the blame for the 9/11 terrorist attacks because they occurred during his presidency.

Saturday’s round centered on a video set to the tune of circus music that highlights comments from Trump that have called into question his grasp of military matters. Many of Trump’s most controversial moments are presented, including his questioning of John McCain’s status as a war hero to his inability to name prominent terrorists.

The clip also points out that Trump — who is shown in the clip claiming that “there’s nobody bigger or better at the military than I am” — received deferments to avoid military service during the Vietnam War. There’s also a snippet of a 2007 interview with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer in which he says Hillary Clinton “would do a good job” negotiating a nuclear deal with Iran.

Donald Trump Goes After Jeb & George Bush On 9/11 Attacks

This little trifle began with an interview Donald Trump did earlier this week with Bloomberg.

Trump said, “When you talk about George Bush – I mean, say what you want, the World Trade Center came down during his time…He was president, OK? … Blame him or don’t blame him, but he was president. The World Trade Center came down during his reign.”

And so, the Twitter war began:

Sen. Ted Cruz: Donald Trump Isn’t Going To Be GOP Nominee

Sen. Ted Cruz, who recently started showing a little bit of life in the polls following the Republican candidates for the 2016 presidential nomination, recently told WABC’s Rita Cosby that Donald Trump won’t be his party’s nominee for prez.

“I think that’s right. I think in time I don’t believe Donald is going to be the nominee and I think in time the lion’s share of his supporters end up with us,” the freshman senator predicted. “And I think the reason is what I was just saying, that if you look to the records of all the Republican candidates there’s a big difference between my record and that of everyone else if you ask, who has stood up to Washington?

[snip]

“And I’ll note, you know I think the most beneficial thing Donald Trump’s involvement in the race has been, I think his involvement has been tremendously helpful to my campaign, because it’s framed the central question of this primary. As who will stand up to Washington? And if that’s the central question, the natural next question, that any voter will ask is okay, well who actually has stood up to Washington? Who has a record in that regard?” he asked.

I think it’s sweet that Cruz appreciates Trump’s “involvement” in the campaign.

Recent history has shown that making such statements places you in The Donald’s crosshairs.

Will Trump slap back at Cruz now?

Woman Who ‘Trumped’ Donald Trump At No Labels Convention Volunteers For Jeb Bush

At a bipartisan convention called the No Labels Problem Solver Convention yesterday, Donald Trump got a very direct question about his views on women from college student Lauren Batchelder.

“So, maybe I’m wrong, maybe you can prove me wrong,” said Lauren Batchelder, a student at St. Anselm College in Manchester. “But I don’t think you’re a friend to women.”

Trump launched into his defense, one that he has given a lot lately as he faces accusations that he doesn’t treat women with respect. Trump said he gave women positions of power at his construction sites “many years ago… before anyone would have even thought” to put women in such jobs. Trump complimented his wife, eldest daughter and mother, who he said “was one of the great people of the world.” He promised to “take care of women” and stated: “I love women, I respect women, I cherish women.”

Batchelder listened with her arms folded, face in a scowl. She then finished asking her question: “If you become president, will a woman make the same as a man, and do I get to choose what I do with my body?”

After the crowd cheered, Trump answered quickly and curtly: “You’re going to make the same if you do as good of a job, and I happen to be pro-life, okay?” Batchelder listened, her hands now on her hips.

As Trump supporters googled Batchelder’s name, they found a resume listing “intern at Jeb Bush for President 2016” and a Twitter feed containing pro-Bush tweets. Daniel Scavino Jr., a senior adviser to Trump, accused Bush of having “planted” an intern at the event.

The Tea People are, of course, out of their minds. And Trump took to the Twitterverse to tweak his rival, Jeb Bush:

Note how if you ask a tough question of Trump, you become “arrogant.”

A spokeswoman for Bush’s campaign, Allie Brandenburger, said Batchelder is not a paid staff member and made the decision to attend the convention on her own.

“While this question was not sanctioned by the campaign,” Brandenburger said via e-mail Tuesday morning, “we can’t help but notice Mr. Trump does seem to be very sensitive about being challenged by women.”

Bush’s main spokesman, Tim Miller, took to Twitter to flatly deny the Bush campaign had anything to do with the encounter:

Apparently, Batchelder has now deleted her Twitter account.

Watch the confrontation below via CNN:

Donald Trump Trolls Conservative Erick Erickson

Donald Trump Mocks Marco Rubio As “Little Boy”

Click to enlarge

Republican White House hopeful Donald Trump mocked Sen. Marco Rubio today when he tweeted the above graphic.

Text of the graphic:

Never Hire A Boy To Do A Man’s Job.

Marco Rubio seems like a nice boy. Well mannered but bought & paid for. JEB and the PACS sat him down and taught him all that fancy government stuff. “RINO RUBE” repeats it well! Good Boy”

But sorry, little “RUBE”. You just don’t have the swagger to negotiate with Vladimir Putin and…actually run a country.

Maybe one day when you’re all grown up but for now, a real man will do the job. Now drink your milk and eat your cookies. Nappy time!

Fox News: We Canceled Trump Before He Boycotted Us

After Donald Trump announced via Twitter that he would not be appearing on the Fox News network because they were being very “unfair” with him, Fox News issued their own statement saying they canceled his appearance on tonight’s The O’Reilly Factor before he tweeted his boycott:

“At 11:45am today, we canceled Donald Trump’s scheduled appearance on The O’Reilly Factor on Thursday, which resulted in Mr. Trump’s subsequent tweet about his ‘boycott’ of FOX News. The press predictably jumped to cover his tweet, creating yet another distraction from any real issues that Mr. Trump might be questioned about. When coverage doesn’t go his way, he engages in personal attacks on our anchors and hosts, which has grown stale and tiresome. He doesn’t seem to grasp that candidates telling journalists what to ask is not how the media works in this country.”

File this under “Infighting is fun.”

Donald Trump Goes Off On Fox News – AGAIN

White House wanna-be Donald Trump took to Twitter to complain about what he felt was unfair treatment on that liberal bastion of political news, The O’Reilly Factor.

Bill O’Reilly, appearing on The Today Show this morning told Matt Lauer, “I’ve known Trump a long time. He wants people to like him. When people criticize him, he takes it personally.”

“That’s like the worst thing you can give Donald Trump is this tweeting thing,” he said. “I just think this is an extension of his reality show, The Apprentice. This is just theater right now.”

Carly Fiorina To Donald Trump: “Look At This Face”

While the context of the statement – “Look at this face” – is directed at “Democrats” the inference is clear.

Carly Fiorina drops her new campaign ad in response to last week’s reports that Donald Trump made disparaging remarks about the way Fiorina looks.

Lately, hitting back at The Donald got you in his crosshairs. We’ll see if he slaps back.