Britney Spears Cancels Upcoming Las Vegas Residency “Domination”

Britney Spears (image via Facebook/BritneySpears)

In an announcement on her social media today, pop star Britney Spears announced the cancellation of her upcoming residency “Domination” in Las Vegas which was set to open February 13.

“I don’t even know where to start with this, because this is so tough for me to say,” says the 37-year-old singer. “I will not be performing my new show Domination. I’ve been looking forward to this show and seeing all of you this year, so doing this breaks my heart.”

Stating that “it’s important to always put your family first,” Spears cites her father’s recent health complications and hospitalization for the cause of her decision.

Jamie Spears suffered a ruptured colon two months ago and underwent emergency surgery in Las Vegas. He remained hospitalized for 28 days.

Brit says she needs to put her “full focus and energy” on her family for now, and hoped that fans understand.

She closed by thanking fans for their continued support and prayers.

I don’t even know where to start with this, because this is so tough for me to say. I will not be performing my new show Domination. I’ve been looking forward to this show and seeing all of you this year, so doing this breaks my heart. However, it’s important to always put your family first… and that’s the decision I had to make. A couple of months ago, my father was hospitalized and almost died. We’re all so grateful that he came out of it alive, but he still has a long road ahead of him. I had to make the difficult decision to put my full focus and energy on my family at this time. I hope you all can understand. More information on ticket refunds is available on britneyspears.com. I appreciate your prayers and support for my family during this time. Thank you, and love you all… always.
A post shared by Britney Spears (@britneyspears) on Jan 4, 2019 at 9:01am PST

In a statement to Variety, Spears’ rep said the singer is taking “an indefinite work hiatus” until further notice.

“Domination” was scheduled for a 32-show run at the new Park MGM resort in Las Vegas.

It’s unclear if the production will be rescheduled at a later date.

“Domination” was to be the follow-up to Spears’ initial Las Vegas residency, “Piece of Me,” which ended a four-year run at Planet Hollywood’s Axis Theater in early 2018.

Pentagon Cancels Trump’s Military Parade After Price Tag Jumps To $92 Million

Donald Trump

Donald Trump was so impressed by the Bastille Day celebration in France last year, he decided he wanted to throw a similar parade utilizing the U.S. military.

A big to-do marching down Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington, D.C.

Usually such expressions of military might are rare and occur after the end of a major conflict. The last such parade happened in 1991 after the conclusion of the Persian Gulf War.

But Trump wanted his parade even though he’s touted cost-savings in the military lately. Most recently he cancelled military exercises with South Korea saying they were a waste. Those military games would have cost about $14 million.

Early estimates put the price tag for the military parade at around $12 million.

But today, a Pentagon official leaked an updated estimate that showed the parade would cost upwards of $92 million – almost 8 times the original estimate.

And so, this evening The Washington Post is reporting that the parade is now cancelled or postponed with the intention to “explore opportunities in 2019.”

Don’t you think $92 million would be better used helping our veterans in more concrete ways than marching soldiers down the street just to stroke Trump’s ego?

Did Someone Leave ‘The Jerry Springer Show’ On All These Years?

Apparently, The Jerry Springer Show has been airing for all these years? Who knew?

I know I didn’t.

But after 27 seasons and 4,000 episodes, the long-running daytime talkshow which gave us wild-ass paternity test result reactions, stripper interviews, catfights and chairs tossed across the studio at guests has gone quietly into the good night.

The Associated Press reports NBC Universal quietly made the decision to shut down production.

For a show known for loud and wild antics, it’s ironic to see the series do anything “quietly.”

Premiering in 1991, the show began life as a serious ‘issues-oriented’ show with former Cincinnati mayor Jerry Springer handling host duties. What happened from there – we all know.

The show became so legendary that an opera was written and produced about it in London.

“I just do it because it’s fun to do,” Springer told ET in 2016. “And I’m not that good at golf. I think I’d go crazy [if I retired]. I’m always afraid not to be working. It’s psychological, I’m sure. If I ever have nightmares about something, it’s about not having a job, which is crazy, I know.”

Are you shocked the show has been cancelled? Or shocked it was still on the air?

ABC Cancels Roseanne Barr’s Sitcom After Ugly, Racist Twitter Rant

Roseanne Barr

Roseanne Barr lost her mind today tweeting a vicious, racist rant that eventually led to her renewed sitcom being canceled by ABC.

From Variety:

ABC has pulled the plug on the revival “Roseanne.”

The move comes after series star Roseanne Barr made a comment on Twitter Tuesday morning referring to former Obama aide Valerie Jarrett as looking like the offspring of the “Muslim Brotherhood & Planet of the Apes.” Jarrett, an African-American, was born in Iran to American parents.

“Roseanne’s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show,” ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey said in a statement.

Disney chairman and CEO Bob Iger voiced his support for the cancellation, tweeting “There was only one thing to do here, and that was the right thing.”

Barr deleted her tweet about Jarrett not long after posting it. She followed it up with an apology which read, “I apologize to Valerie Jarrett and to all Americans. I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks. I should have known better. Forgive me-my joke was in bad taste. I am now leaving Twitter.”

Out lesbian Wanda Sykes resigned her position as a consulting producer before ABC could cancel the show:

Also, out Roseanne star Sara Gilbert spoke out against the ugly rant:

Hundreds Protest And Shut Down Homocon Milo Yiannopoulos’ Event In California

While I don’t support violence as a form of protest, I do support the hundreds of protesters right to raise their voices.

From CNN:

A speech by right-wing commentator Milo Yiannopoulos’ at UC Davis was over before it even started Friday after protests erupted, forcing sponsors to cancel the event. Thirty minutes before the Breitbart tech editor was scheduled to speak, the UC Davis College Republicans canceled the controversial talk after consulting with the university’s police department and student affairs officials. Former pharmaceutical executive, Martin Shkreli had also been scheduled to speak at the event.

“I am deeply disappointed with the events of this evening,” said Interim Chancellor Ralph J. Hexter. “Our community is founded on principles of respect for all views, even those that we personally find repellent. As I have stated repeatedly, a university is at its best when it listens to and critically engages opposing views, especially ones that many of us find upsetting or even offensive.”

Earlier in the evening, protesters blocked access to the venue. Surrounding the lecture hall with signs, they chanted, “Say it loud, say it clear, racists are not welcome here.” Yiannopoulos posted on Facebook that the event had been canceled “after violence from left-wing protestors.”

TLC Officially Cancels Scandal-Ridden “19 Kids and Counting”

TLC has officially announced the cancellation of the reality series “19 Kids and Counting” featuring the scandal-ridden Duggar family.

“We spent the past month and a half in thoughtful consideration about what is the best way forward here,” said Marjorie Kaplan, group president of TLC, Animal Planet and Velocity networks.

In a move to redirect the attention and public outcry, TLC also announced it has teamed with two prominent child-protection organizations for an ongoing campaign to raise awareness about child sexual abuse.

The multi-platform initiative will begin with a one-hour, commercial-free documentary likely airing in late August, the network said. It will include the participation of Jill and Jessa Duggar, two of the sisters Josh Duggar touched inappropriately, as well as other survivors and families affected by such abuse.

“We took it as an opportunity to step further than just ‘How do we protect ourselves?’ and step into ‘How do we protect our audience and protect children?'” Kaplan said. “Our hope is to do more of that, in a way that’s thoughtful and respectful of the victims of child abuse — in the Duggar family and across America.”

TLC is partnering with Darkness to Light, whose mission is providing interested parties with techniques for protecting children from sexual abuse, and RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network), which describes itself as the nation’s largest anti-sexual-violence organization.

A series of reports surfaced in May regarding eldest son Josh Duggar, who had apparently molested his sisters and others 12 years ago while still a teen.

During the run of “19 Kids” the Duggar family presented itself as morally superior due to their “Christian” lifestyle, and had openly campaigned against civil rights for LGBT Americans.

Just a few weeks ago, a non-Duggar family member was reported to be preparing a civil suit against Josh Duggar for the alleged molestation.