
NYC Pride Flag Arsonist Goes On Wild Rant In Court
Angelina Cando, 35, the accused NYC Pride flag arsonist, put on quite a show in court during her arraignment on Wednesday. Continue reading “NYC Pride Flag Arsonist Goes On Wild Rant In Court”
Woman Charged In Hate Crime After Setting Restaurant’s Pride Flag On Fire

Trump Supporter Admits To Staging Arson, Blamed ‘Antifa And BLM’

House Fire Investigated As Hate Crime After Pride Flags Set On Fire

Washington Man Pleads Guilty To Arson Hate Crime At Gay Nightclub

Man Charged In Rash Bar Arson In Brooklyn

Adult Performer Matthew Camp Woke Up To Arson Attack

View this post on Instagram

The Poughkeepsie Journal reports that once the fire was out, “an investigation quickly determined that it was a case of arson.” The identity of the arsonist is still unknown but authorities are continuing to investigate. The home was previously owned by a “Satanist,” Joe ‘Netherworld’ Mendillo who died in January of last year. Camp purchased the residence in October. The home is apparently well-known in the area as the “Halloween House.” The nickname is apparently derived from decorations both outside and inside the residence and a hearse reportedly used to sit in the driveway. I interviewed Camp a couple of years ago as he was launching a new video series project. I found him to be not only polite and well-spoken, but sharp as a tack regarding business and how he views life. You can listen to our chat below.
News Round-Up: July 10, 2019
![]() |
| Anthony Bowens (via Instagram) |
Some news items you might have missed:
• Pro wrestler and InstaHunk Anthony Bowens (above) points out that “Summer is heating up…” One look at that pic and you know why 😉
• ABC News: Thanks to a police tip line, authorities say they have apprehended a suspect, 20-year-old Tyresse Singleton, who allegedly set fire to a rainbow flag outside of a Harlem gay bar. Gov. Andrew Cuomo had directed the State Hate Crimes Unit to assist in the investigation
• USA Today: Posters featuring U.S. women’s soccer star Megan Rapinoe were vandalized with homophobic slurs at a New York City subway station Monday evening.
• FOX9: The mayor of Columbia Heights, Minnesota, is facing calls of homophobia because she won’t sign-off on a Pride event proclamation. The mayor claims the local LGBTQ organization failed to follow (brand-new) guidelines for proclamations.
• NBC News: Kentucky Democratic Senate candidate Amy McGrath raised more than $2.5 million in the first 24 hours of her campaign against Mitch McConnell. McGrath campaign manager Mark Nickolas said it’s the most ever raised in the first 24 hours of a Senate campaign.
• The Advocate: Michael Johnson, convicted in 2015 for one felony charge of “knowingly” transmitting HIV to one man and four charges of exposing four other men to the virus who didn’t contract it, was released this week 25 years early. His lawyers won an appeal after showing that prosecutors failed to turn over significant evidence. Because the charges he pleaded to fell under health statutes, Johnson will not be required to register as a sex offender.
• Out artist Billy Winn says the songs on his new EP, Dreamland II, are based on the idea that “it’s all fun and games until someone catches feelings.”
The first single from the EP, “Another Broken Heart,” an EDM/dance track, was inspired by circumstances in his own life, adding, “It’s a dance track with a strong, relatable message about something we’ve all been through at least once.”
Check out the new single below, and for more info head to BillyWinn.com.
Second Pride Flag Set On Fire At Harlem Gay Club
A Pride flag hanging at the front of a Harlem gay bar was set on fire early Monday morning. This is the second time a rainbow flag has been burned at the same club in just over a month.
NBC News reports the flag was discovered by staff members sometime between 12:20 a.m. and 12:45 a.m.
The previous attack, which New York City Police have been investigating as a possible anti-gay crime, occurred in the early morning hours of May 31.
Alexi Minko, owner of the Alibi Lounge, says he finds the timing of the two incidents suspect.
“I have to say that what I find odd was the timing of both events,” said Minko. “One was at the beginning of Pride, and one was right at the end. One has to wonder if there’s a kind of message they’re trying to send.”
Sad to report that it happened again tonight! https://t.co/AdzSaLXd1L pic.twitter.com/8sdI06B0rI— Alibi Lounge (@lounge_alibi) July 8, 2019
Calling the repeat offense “surreal,” Minko added that he’s surprised the second flag-burning happened since police had released surveillance camera footage of the suspect in the first incident, alerting the public that cameras are trained on the nightclub’s entrance.
“Second time around, I’m really kind of in shock, I have to admit,” Minko said.
Speaking to local news station PIX11, the owner said that no matter the message, “What’s important is that we stand tall, we don’t get afraid.”
PIX11 reports that Alibi Lounge bills itself as the only black-owned LGBTQ bar in Manhattan.