Some news items you might have missed:
• Pink News: A Senate Judiciary Committee hearing took a rather unexpected turn this week when Republican senator John Kennedy performed a sexually explicit reading.
Sen. John Kennedy having a very normal one during this Senate hearing pic.twitter.com/TafATlG1l7
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) September 12, 2023
• The Signorile Report: Matt Schlapp, the head of the Conservative Political Action Conference who was accused of male-on-male sexual harassment, has the nerve to spread gossip that presidential candidate Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC) is gay.
• Entertainment Weekly: HGTV has sold the “Brady Bunch” house for millions less than the nearly $5.5 million spent buying and renovating the home to be an exact replica of the interior of the iconic ’70s series’ set.
• The Hill: Advisers for the CDC have endorsed allowing everyone over 6 months old to receive an updated COVID-19 vaccine which could be available as soon as Wednesday.
— The Hill (@thehill) September 12, 2023
• Axios: The days of filling up your own drink at McDonald’s are numbered as the fast food restaurant has announced that it will phase out self-serve beverage stations in its U.S. restaurants.
• TikTok: An American Airlines flight attendant has gone viral after a passenger posted a video of his lip-synced pre-flight safety demonstration.