Some news items you might have missed:
• CBS News: Rudy Giuliani’s mugshot was released by the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office, shortly after he surrendered at an Atlanta jail to be booked on charges alleging he and others attempted to subvert the 2020 election results in Georgia.
• Washington Blade: The German Cabinet on Wednesday approved a “self-determination law” that would simplify the process for transgender or nonbinary people to legally change their name and gender in official documents.
• Justice Department: The Justice Department announced today the results of a nationwide enforcement action to combat COVID-19 fraud, which included federal criminal charges against 371 defendants for offenses related to over $836 million in alleged COVID-19 fraud.
US Justice Department has brought 718 law enforcement actions about fraud targeting federal Covid aid in connection with the alleged theft of more than $836 millionhttps://t.co/12Rli7vxKA
— Alfons López Tena 🦇 (@alfonslopeztena) August 23, 2023
• The Advocate: Staff and faculty at Florida colleges can now be fired if they dare use the wrong bathroom even once. Two offenses will guarantee termination under a newly approved anti-transgender state regulation.
• Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Online bookmaker BetOnline is offering odds on Donald Trump’s “color skin tone” in his upcoming mugshot. Among the options are Oompa Loompa Orange, Geriatric Ginger, Ballot-rigged Bronze, MAGA Mango, Terrorist Tangerine, and Marm-A-Lago Orange.
• Gay Times: The first pictures have been unveiled for All of Us Strangers, which features “fearless” sex scenes between Paul Mescal and Andrew Scott.
The first pictures have been unveiled for All of Us Strangers, which features “fearless” sex scenes between Paul Mescal and Andrew Scott 👀https://t.co/KRjLt9Q7se
— GAY TIMES (@gaytimes) August 23, 2023